Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for some tips.

Ghost666Blaze
Ok so as of right now I have a nightblade and a dragon knight and i'm looking to make another character. I kinda want to make a sorcerer but I have never played one, like at all lol not even in another game so i'm looking for any tips you can give me that could help me out with getting the feel of it and being successful with it.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Breton vamp sorc which I absolutely adore in PVP.

Questing should be quite easy with a sorc due to summons which will tank everything for you.

I haven't done any dungeons to give you any advice.

If you want to go PVP from the early levels, it would be quite hard as the best PVP skills become available only once you level up your skill trees (daedric mines, bolt escape, conjured ward and all of the mages guild tree)

Sorcs require a lot of practice- bar swapping, dmg shield stacking and of course animation cancelling.

All sorcs follow a very similar build, the only differences consist of the sets that you are using and whether you go vampire or a werewolf. I suggest you check out some YouTube guides, they will surely give you a good feel of what sorcerer is.

I hope this helps a little bit :smiley:
    Edited by Reznique on July 22, 2015 2:06PM
  • Ghost666Blaze
    Yea my buddy has dark elf vamp for the fire resistance and he just owns it in pvp, he was the one who made me interested in trying it out but he not much help for helping me lol he just says do trial and error and won't give me his build details but I understand that. But yea that all makes sense, I think the one thing I might have trouble with is balancing out defensive and offensive.
  • Ghost666Blaze
    Plus my nightblade and dragon knight are stamina builds so Magicka is whole new ball game for me lol
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, when playing a sorc you would usually run a destro staff and a resto staff. That means that your first weapon slot would be purely offensive, and the 2nd- solely defensive.

Offensive slot may be filled with something like crushing shock, crystal frags, bolt escape, velocious curse and mages fury.

Defensive slot always would have a healing ward and conjured ward and possibly harness magica. You may add structured entropy, mistform and purge.

Pulling right DPS comes with practice, of course. :smiley:
  • Ghost666Blaze
    Ok that makes alot of sense , now for armor what would you recommend , like full light or something like 5 light 2 heavy or something else.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ghost666Blaze

Some use all light, some use 2 heavy pieces.

I use 2 heavy but this really is up to you after all.
    OzJohnD wrote: »

Deltia is very informative indeed. You could also look at KingRichard and Sypher.