Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on the army of meridia

jamielannister54
I just completed the weight of 3 crowns quest and then I was teleported to coldharbour. Then my objective was to find the hollow city so I did and then the army of meridia quest started. Now I can't find any of the three objectives on the map. What can I do?
  • GR_Jones
    GR_Jones
    Is that the quest where you must save the king and vanus? (I think that's his name)
    If it is you just have to ride east to save one of them (quest will appear eventually) and west to save the other
    Edited by GR_Jones on July 22, 2015 7:53PM
  • Lordklinger
    Just start exploring the west side. You will find the king on the west side. I just followed roads and completed quests along the way until I found him. Exploring is the best part of the PVE experience.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you just need to explore to the west and east of the hollow city and do the quests you come across. As you complete quests throughout Coldharbour the Hollow City will become more populated, you'll locate the lights of Meridia, the last Ayleid king, and Vanus Galerion, unlock the fighters guild and mages guild in the Hollow City, and eventually complete this quest and be ready to start leading the assault on Molag Bal. You don't have to do every single quest, because not all of them are important for this, but most are.

I recommend exploring to the west first, because IIRC the quests and mobs there are level 44+, while the ones to the east are 46+.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • jamielannister54
    It is the quest where you must save the king and vanus @GR_Jones
  • GR_Jones
    GR_Jones
    Yea just head east and west until you find the quests, think its a pretty lengthy one if I remember correctly.
  • jamielannister54
    I'm veteran 1 btw @UrQuan
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm veteran 1 btw @UrQuan
    OK, then it doesn't really matter whether you do the stuff to the west first or the stuff to the east. It just means that you won't be getting any XP from the level 44 mobs that you might find to the west.

I think the reason this particular quest doesn't give you markers on your map is because it's an over-arching quest that requires you to complete a whole bunch of other quests to do it. You can probably complete it just by doing the quests to rescue the king and the quests to rescue Vanus, but that still leaves you with a minimum of 4 quest hubs (2-3 quests per hub I think?) to complete in order to meet the requirements for the Army of Merida quest.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • jamielannister54
    Do you know where the quests you need to do are? @UrQuan @GR_Jones
  • Sozzy
    Sozzy
    This isn't the sort of question Jaime fookin' Lannister would ask...
    Erg- VR2 Orc DK DC Azura's Star
    Davesh- Level 26 Altmer Sorc DC Blackwater Blade
    PS4 EU
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You definitely have to complete the Moonless walk and Lightless Oubliette hubs to the west, and the Black Forge and Great Shackle hubs to the east. I'm not sure if any of the other quest hubs are also requirements.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)