Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif & Dreugh Wax Questions

Princess_Zoe
Hi again everyone,

Apologies for what is possibly another couple of "dumb" questions, but I've done a lil searching around the place and can't find the specific answers :blush:

1) Basically, I have been looking around some ESO fashion sites and really want to use some clothing from another race, I understand to do that I need that race's motif to unlock their gear. My question is, if I buy the motif from the crown store in game does that allow me to buy their clothing types from the in game vendors, or does the motif only allow me to craft them myself? I am kinda hoping once I use the motif that I can buy them, but I think that's not how it works :neutral:

2) I reallllllllllllllly want to unlock the ironweed violet dye, which requires me to improve a piece of armor all the way to legendary quality... I have all the materials I need except for the dreugh wax, but I just cannot find it anywhere, I've tried refining a whole bunch of stuff but it won't drop for me and I've been to every guild vendor under the sun that I can find, but none of them sell it.

Does anybody know where I can buy some dreugh wax in game? A specific vendor or something? Alternatively would anybody be up for trading for it? If that is allowed? I litterally only need enough to improve one single item just to unlock the dye color, that's all I need it for and it's so frustrating to get lol :neutral:

Thanks for any help :smile:
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) motifs allow you to craft .. doesn't change what vendors sell to you

2) your improvement materials come over time with refining (maxed out skill points in extraction etc.), deconstruction and your crafting hireling. You can waste your money in game at Guild stores if you want.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Princess_Zoe
    Ok thank you OzJohnD :smile:

Is there anything in particular I have to refine to get dreugh wax do you know? Because I have been refining a lotttttt, trying to get some for like 3 days now and I haven't gotten a single piece :neutral:
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refining any level raw materials for the clothing line has a chance to provide dreugh wax, but its a low chance.

I usually get at least one when refining a stack of 200 .. but is all random
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if I buy the motif from the crown store in game does that allow me to buy their clothing types from the in game vendors, or does the motif only allow me to craft them myself?

The only thing motifs unlock is racial style stones. That will allow you to craft any motif you learn. The are no restrictions on buying anything from vendors except enough gold.

Do you have any points in extraction? That will greatly improve chances of getting Dreugh wax from refining. Writs are another good way of getting gold tempers. As far as where to buy, it's pretty much hit or miss, though if you find someone selling it, take note for return visits. Not a sure thing though.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • youninjabro
    youninjabro
    ✭✭
    Easiest way for me too really get the wax was Wayrest Sewers at my level on normal going in with one Friend,
    Packing all the rats at the start all drop Scraps which can then have a chance to be refined into the Wax at level 4 off the skills which increase chance of finding higher quality rizens,

From about an hour I got around 20 wax..
    VR 14 Templar Daggerfall NA
  • YourDugsBalls
    I need a couple of things from you, firstly whats your level? and secondly whats your server?
    Veteran Rank 6 Knightblade - Dark Elf (Tank/2h Switch)
    Veteran Rank 1 Templar - Nord (Melee/Heal Tank)

Crescent Moon Clan
    Guild Rank: Alpha
    Click here for our recruitment thread
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/197718/crescent-moon-clan-ebonheart-pact-any-level-vampire-werewolf-clan#latest

Add me on PS4 : YourDugsBalls
  • Princess_Zoe
    Thanks everyone for the help :smile:
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    Also do your clothier crafting writs every day if you can. The chests you get will often contain good upgrade materials and surveys that will lead you to caches of crafting material.