Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Couple of Questions - Delves and Dolmen

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
First of all, what is a 'Delve'?

Second: After a Dolmen has been cleared I usually see a Chest appear. No-one opens it so I wondered if everyone can see it or just me?
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Oppps, I forgot to also ask about Crafting Quests:

I'm only doing Provisioning and I've taken a couple of the Quests on town notice boards that ask for particular meals/drinks to be made. Where do I find the recipes?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A delve is someone who explores caves, mines, and dungeons. Most can be done solo, but a few require a group (well, if you want to live). If you see a world icon with a "+", that indicates it's a group delve.

The chest at a dolmen appears for everyone, but most just ignore it because it doesn't contain anything of value. You can keep opening them if you want, but usually it's just a pittance of gold and a green item. I did get a blue once. Once. I stopped opening them myself a while ago.

Recipes can be found all through the game, pretty much everywhere. Sometimes, you can even get them as drops. You need to search chests and drawers in buildings. Sometimes, you may need to steal them. Check everything. Enter many buildings and check all the rooms.

You'll have many in no time (though you probably won't make most of them).

Oh, and a little bit of advice about those Provisioning Writs: they can be a pain to do if you don't have the recipe, or worse, can't find it. In which case, you can always abandon the writ request, then pick it up again. The recipes given are random.
    :)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    A delve is a small dungeon

Dolmen chests, everyone opens it if they want the gear, otherwise they might just want the achieve. If the dolmen is too different in level to the players'toon the chest will not appear for them.

If you don't have a specific recipe you will have to find it as a random drop or buy from another player or at Guild Stores ... crafting writs are a pain if you haven't got the recipe, but apparently someone who does have the recipe can craft them for you for a writ win anyway
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much for your answers.

Since I found out that everyone sees an enemy glowing green after a kill, I wondered if it was the same with the Dolmen chests seeing no-one took them. I've had a couple of good things out them, but, you're right, mostly they're just shite.

Recipes: I have quite a few of them (I'm also one of those players who likes to check everything, lol) but now that my level is climbing it seems as though I'm not finding many - and I'm always on the lookout for ingredients: Potatoes, Flour, Garlic, Corn, Carrots, Radishes and Seasoning. I'm even taking them off tables, lol.

Thanks again.
  • YourDugsBalls
    What tends to happen with drops and experience is when you reach 5 levels above the monsters in question you will no longer get Exp/Drops for them so a chest wont appear for them however they still get fighters guild exp and complete the area on there map
    Veteran Rank 6 Knightblade - Dark Elf (Tank/2h Switch)
    Veteran Rank 1 Templar - Nord (Melee/Heal Tank)

Crescent Moon Clan
    Guild Rank: Alpha
    Click here for our recruitment thread
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/197718/crescent-moon-clan-ebonheart-pact-any-level-vampire-werewolf-clan#latest

Add me on PS4 : YourDugsBalls
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    So, I'm a bit confused about Dolmens, as I actually thought that the chests were the rewards :p
    So what do we gain by clearing Dolmens then ? XP ?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    A delve is also called a solo dungeon.

It is an underground place, simular to a public dungeon. The difference is the size and the difficulty. A delve can be soloed.

You can recognise them on the map by the torch icon:

ON-mapicon-Dungeon.png

Dolmen chests only appear if you are within 6 levels of the designed level. As it is a great way to farm daedra (needed to increase your fightersguild), often people who don't get any loot from it, still want to do it. For them the chest isn't there, hence that they dont open it.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Dolmen chests only appear if you are within 6 levels of the designed level. As it is a great way to farm daedra (needed to increase your fightersguild), often people who don't get any loot from it, still want to do it. For them the chest isn't there, hence that they dont open it.

Additionally, there are a lot of achievements related to dolmens (e.g., doing X number of dolmens, releasing X number of pinions, vanquishing the generals of Molag Bal), so a good many people farm them for this reason.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grazzt wrote: »
    So, I'm a bit confused about Dolmens, as I actually thought that the chests were the rewards :p
    So what do we gain by clearing Dolmens then ? XP ?

First time you clear a dolmen, you get a nice chunk of Exp, like 20K or more I am seeing. This is on top of the Mob exp. After you have done a specific dolmen, the reason to repeat it is, the mob exp (it levels the FG) and the chance to get a Deadric General, along with the Achievements and titles that come with clearing all the dolmens on the map.

My main goal is to clear the dolmens on the map, but do them again if others are around.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Oooooh did you say Titles ?
    I've been waiitng so long to get a title, now I have a new goal to work for !
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 40 or so titles that you can get, 25 of them from the Alliance War, 15 from PvE

http://esohead.com/achievements#titleName:1

Some titles you will get just from playing the game if you play long enough, some need some grinding to get.

Monster Slayer is one you want to pay attention to as you go along. Not all alliances have a good selection of the mobs. So if you find something rare in your alliance, then grind them some as you find them.

And, don't forget the Mudcrabs, they go docile after a while and it seems I never get near 200, much less the 500 as I play along. They are easy to farm though when your high level and you go back to a starter area or Zone 1.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's too bad that most of them are PvP-based, but there are a series of PvE ones that I can see myself achieving on the long run ;)
  • YourDugsBalls
    I've been waiitng so long to get a title, now I have a new goal to work for !

There is also a nice little paint too, On my Veteran Rank 3 I still camp the Vet 1 Dolmen as there is a world boss and circle of monsters all within throwing distance at Glenumbra. Recomend finding a few players to tackle all Delves, Dolmens and Point of interests within the map. When all the Delves and Points of interest are discovered and completed you unlock a Paint for each location and the Dolmens give you great exp and extra rewards.
    Veteran Rank 6 Knightblade - Dark Elf (Tank/2h Switch)
    Veteran Rank 1 Templar - Nord (Melee/Heal Tank)

Crescent Moon Clan
    Guild Rank: Alpha
    Click here for our recruitment thread
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/197718/crescent-moon-clan-ebonheart-pact-any-level-vampire-werewolf-clan#latest

Add me on PS4 : YourDugsBalls
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    OOhhh, lots of good info.

Thanks heaps :-D
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Count is a good enough title for me ...

CT-p0001-ST.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend