Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deleting a Veteran toon, will I keep my earned Champion Points???

MissyMad
MissyMad
I have a couple Vet toons that I don't play anymore and I want to delete them, I'm wary about it since I have so many accumulated Champion Points that I use on my other characters. Can I safely delete them without losing the points they've earned. I've got a lot of feedback about how they're account wide but, want to be sure before I lose 40 points on accident O.o
Anyone actually done this and can confirm or deny?
Edited by MissyMad on July 21, 2015 1:43AM
You stink of death my friend, I salute you.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPs are bound to the character, not the account. Delete it, and the CP goes away, along with skill points and horse training of the character (the horse can be used by other characters, though).

• MissyMad
    MissyMad
    Violynne wrote: »
    CPs are bound to the character, not the account. Delete it, and the CP goes away, along with skill points and horse training of the character (the horse can be used by other characters, though).

I've got other people saying the exact opposite, that's why I was looking for some one who's actually done it, or a Zenimax admin to confirm... I'm not shooting you down I just want to be sure ;) I know the character as in skill points etc - character bound items are all gone, just curious about the Champ Pts.
    Edited by MissyMad on July 21, 2015 1:50AM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP go to the account, and can be used by any character, even after you delete the character that earned them with.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP's are account bound, earn 1 CP on one toon, all toons get access.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPs are bound to the character, not the account.
    Not true.
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    True.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 21, 2015 7:08AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissyMad: both @Aett_Thorn and @OzJohnD are correct, CPs are an account-wide 'pool' (to use ZOS' term) which are earned by characters VR1 and above and which is available to all characters.

Note that the full pool is available on ALL characters, so if you've accumulated, say, 50 CPs from several VR characters EVERY character has 50 points to spend, from level ONE (1, not VR1) onwards.

Once earned points are never 'lost', at present I am not ware of any way to 'respec' CPs once spent, unlike class skills and character attributes.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 21, 2015 7:09AM
  • MissyMad
    MissyMad
    KerinKor wrote: »
    @MissyMad: both @Aett_Thorn and @OzJohnD are correct, CPs are an account-wide 'pool' (to use ZOS' term) which are earned by characters VR1 and above and which is available to all characters.

Note that the full pool is available on ALL characters, so if you've accumulated, say, 50 CPs from several VR characters EVERY character has 50 points to spend, from level ONE (1, not VR1) onwards.

Once earned points are never 'lost', at present I am not ware of any way to 'respec' CPs once spent, unlike class skills and character attributes.

Yea you can respect them, its 3k gold in the menu to reset them. That's really cool though I can free up some character slots now without having to worry about losing any. Thanks everyone!
  • MissyMad
    MissyMad
    Confirmed for any future lookers, my Champion Points are alive and well after deleting a couple old Vet toons!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I apologize for being wrong. I made the assumption because horses lose their training with new characters.

Now I need to ask the question: why CP and not horse training?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I apologize for being wrong. I made the assumption because horses lose their training with new characters.

Now I need to ask the question: why CP and not horse training?

Because it's character mount training, not horse training.

When my toon Lovia upgrades her mount training by 1 in stamina, my other toon Aewnes does not also get that 1 stamina.

When Lovia earns a champion point, Aewnes ALSO gets a champion point.

That's the different @Violynne :) Riding Skill is character bound, CP is account bound.

[EDIT] If you meant, why isn't horse training account wide? That's because ZOS decided it that way I guess. You're not training your horse technically, you're training your character in how to ride a horse.
    Edited by MissBizz on July 21, 2015 7:23PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord