Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is ridiculous.

sickl0w
sickl0w
No luck posting in the correct forum so I'll give here a try!

Every couple of hours, I am unable to use abilities, crouch, hear party etc.. then about a minute later I'm returned to the log in screen saying check connection.

There is nothing wrong with my connection, internet speed is fastest in the area with Virgin, had a virgin engineer out a week ago to check everything and it's all working perfectly. I have unplugged everything, rebooted, opened NaT and still problems persist. I'm 99% sure it's nothing on my end. It's been happening for a couple of weeks now. Any info or fixes would be appreciated this is extremely frustrating.

Might I add that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

When I pay money for a game I expect it to work, not constantly log me off.
It's actually SickFLOW
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, it used to be much worse.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • sickl0w
    sickl0w
    I don't doubt that mate, just don't understand why I can't even get a response! A friend of mine has been fully refunded because of this and stopped playing. I don't want that but I do want an answer.
    It's actually SickFLOW
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I'm 99% sure it's nothing on my end. "

While this is true, it is not at ZoS's end either.

There are three possibilities when having connection issues:

1: you can't connect to the game. At the same time, you can't connect to anything. As I asume you have checked this at the moment the lag starts, you are correct in saying that it is not at your end.

2: nobody can't connect to the game and all (on the same server) are dc-ing at the same time. This is an issue at the side of ZoS.

If it is neither of the above it is number 3:

3: most people can connect and play without issues, but some do have issues, even though it isn't at thier end.
    This happens when there is an issue on the internet somewhere between you and ZoS.

To explain the issue. The internet is called a web. This cause to get from A to B, there are many routes your signal can take. If the chosen route cause over a faulty line or a faulty router (where lines cross), the connection will fail or perform poorly. The party responsable for this should be your provider.

However...

If you call their customer support, the agents there are instructed (by callscripts) to put the blame on ZoS at all time (allthough that is a lot of ***). Even trying to get through is futile. The only solution to this is that ZoS at thier end recognises the issue and backtracks it and put pressure on the matter.

Reality is that the customer will always suffer and all you can do is change ISP.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can identify at least ONE problem on your end : your title thread is the LEAST appropriate to get proper attention from anyone qualified, being at ZOS or within the community of players.

As to Virgin's employee assuring you that everything's fine on ... Virgin's side... just LOL.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a VM and BT user I know the history, when the game launched VM were the culprits with their P2P filtering mis-labeling ESO, just like they did with FFXIV before them.

The VM forums are regularly filled with threads about many games people are having problems with when users of other ISPs aren't.

As I say, I have BT Infinifty2 and VM 40Mb (maybe more due a recent 'upgrade') and I can be playing fine on a PC using the BT connection while at the same time a PC going via VM is suffering what you're seeing.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 21, 2015 10:29AM
  • sickl0w
    sickl0w
    Thanks for your response.

While in theory what you've said makes sense, could you explain why a friend of mine (who is on the same Virgin line route as me) has had no problems at all? Also why it has been working fine up until a couple of weeks ago? I'm not buying that it's a fault with my isp to zos, plenty have complained about the same issue or similar and I'm sure we're not all on Virgin media.
    It's actually SickFLOW
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    sickl0w wrote: »

While in theory what you've said makes sense, could you explain why a friend of mine (who is on the same Virgin line route as me) has had no problems at all? Also why it has been working fine up until a couple of weeks ago? I'm not buying that it's a fault with my isp to zos, plenty have complained about the same issue or similar and I'm sure we're not all on Virgin media.

Let's turn it around (and asume you are right and it is ZoS)...
    Can you explain why the ZoS server is discriminating you, but not that friend of yours. Why would they pick you out of the mass to annoy you with a bad connection while so many others have no problem?

The reality is that the server just does what it needs to do. Handle all incomming connections equally (good or bad). If the incomming connection is bad, it can only try its best to respond, but it is more likely it doesn't get through.

I also never said it is your ISP's fault. I've said it is their responsability to fix it.
    Your ISP is providing you with three services. Let's see the internet as roads and your connection as a car. to illustrate them.
    1: a driveway with access to the big network or roads called the internet.
    2: the car driving the network from A to B.
    3: the navigation system that steers the car from A to B.

In your case the driveway and car are working fine, but the navigation system steers you over a very scenic but slow and bumpy countryroad instead of the highway. Why that happens to you and not your friend is not something I can easily answer, although I can specualte (most of it in very impolite reactions that your friends situation is not as comparable as you make it appear to be), speculation is useless cause it doesn't fix anything.

One thing you can try for yourself very easy (specially in urban area's). Many homes have wifi. in my case I can see 25 connections around me that I could connect to. So if your in a simular situation, make sure your pc has access to wifi (a wifi-adaptor cost 5 euros nowadays), ask a neighbour if he/she can help you out by testing something by giving you his/her wifi password (they can change it afterwards), and see how you connect over their line. You likely will have no issues at all (assuming they havea different ISP).

An alternative to this test is picking you pc up and bringing it to someone elses home. e.g. that friend who is playing without issues. You'll see that it works fine then and so the only conclusion is that it is your ISP.

PC player - EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

P2P throttling is per-connection, you'll see no evidence of it on tracert and the like, it's hard without an IPS's assistance to prove it.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying categorically that it is due to this, I simply raise one well-known reason for VM customers to have problems with some specific games that are entirely down to VM.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 21, 2015 11:34AM
  • sickl0w
    sickl0w
    You can answer my questions with questions and go on about routes all you want. Bottom line is, I have NEVER had an issue with any Xbox live game (apart from gta's initial launch) and do not expect to if I have spent money on it.

There are no issues with any other games that I currently play on xbl. The game WAS working perfectly fine for weeks, why would there suddenly be an obstruction to cause an issue? (Again, I am not alone in this issue)

It is a fact that my friend who lives 5 doors down from me is on the exact same line as me and is experiencing no issues whatsoever. It is also a fact that several people have complained about similar issues, only mentioning it in my guild I have multiple responses experiencing the same. (One of which was a french fella and not on VM) but none have come across a solution.

I'm not expected to understand the ins and outs of how it works nor do I want to, I'm expected to provide the game with a working internet connection and Xbox live account; that's it.

This rant is not directed at you personally. It is at the fact that, from what you're basically saying is, if you want to play eso unhindered change you're IsP. If ZoS want to take people's money then their servers should be able to handle any ISP, period.

I'm not after why my connection to the game is dipping, I'm after how do I stop it from happening.
    It's actually SickFLOW
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not expected to understand the ins and outs of how it works nor do I want to, I'm expected to provide the game with a working internet connection and Xbox live account; that's it.

point is, it is your internetconnection (ISP) not working properly. Yes you can make a support ticket and ask for a refund and you will get it it. But it is not their fault and they can't fix it for you.

PC player - EU
  • sickl0w
    sickl0w
    Ranique wrote: »

point is, it is your internetconnection (ISP) not working properly. Yes you can make a support ticket and ask for a refund and you will get it it. But it is not their fault and they can't fix it for you.

..but that's just your opinion though right? ;)
    It's actually SickFLOW
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

..but that's just your opinion though right? ;)

Not really.

I'm currently sick at home. I am however an network administrator as profession and know a bit more than the average person bout it. I know a lot bout how the internet works. All ZoS has is "just" a computer connected to the internet. See it as a phoneline. When their phone is ringing that you want to reach them, they will pick the phone up. If it doesn't ring, they don't even have a clue you are trying to reach them.

PC player - EU