Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to do when you overlevel a dungeon on console?

Bloodgharm
Bloodgharm
✭✭✭
So my predicament is this: I was never able to properly group for any of the dungeons in my faction. So far? I'm level 38 and have pretty much given up hope getting those skill points. Here are my reasons for not being able to group:

1. Group finder is awful. I've waited upwards of 2 hours without a single group to run with before. I was put into a group at one point and none of the others showed up and I watched them leave the group one by one.
2. There's no chat functionality for console. I would be happy to sit in front of the dungeon and spam zone chat, but unfortunately I can't do that. I haven in fact sat in front of a couple dungeons and tried grouping that way, but everyone that passed me was either already grouped or decided they had better things to do.
3. There's no dedicated lfg tool to use. Sure there's this forum, but I've tried and had no luck finding a group. It takes much too long to wait for responses for upwards of an hour to find 3 people.

Please! We need a better way to group for dungeons. I want those skill points and I also want to run the quest just for the story elements. It's just ridiculous that this system doesn't work if you have no friends on your list that play this game.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Your zone chat isn't working? I've stood in front of dungeons and used it group up numerous times.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean group dungeons, right?

Well, I've always done them solo. It is hard, but you can manage to do it.

Something for you to consider: playing solo is hard, and it becomes harder as you level up. You have 2 options in that case:

1- Cope with that
    2- Make some friends in game (guilds help a lot)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons scale up to group leader (unless I'm wrong), and there is an LFG tool, but doesn't always work well.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, stand outside the Lower level dungeon like in the first zone. Ask to group and people will take you. Then, if the group works out, you can hit the other two dungeons in the other two alliances with the same group.

Since the dungeon scales to the group leader, make the lowest level person the leader and every one can get some pie.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    Your zone chat isn't working? I've stood in front of dungeons and used it group up numerous times.

I'm on console. We don't have zone chat...
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    Dungeons scale up to group leader (unless I'm wrong), and there is an LFG tool, but doesn't always work well.

The lfg tool no longer allows you to group for instanced dungeons that you've out leveled by more than like 10 levels or so. Not that it ever worked in the first place.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Heck, stand outside the Lower level dungeon like in the first zone. Ask to group and people will take you. Then, if the group works out, you can hit the other two dungeons in the other two alliances with the same group.

Since the dungeon scales to the group leader, make the lowest level person the leader and every one can get some pie.

I've done this before. I sat in front of fungal grottos and the one in Deshaan for 30 mins just group requesting everyone that I saw. It doesn't help that traffic through those areas was almost nonexistent. We seriously need a chat function for this game on consoles. I could easily find a group by going into the more populated areas and find a group np, but this isn't in the cards yet.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a viable zone chat or chat bubbles it would be harder to gain a group in front of a public dungeon. Actually, it pretty much means you have to join a guild and get dungeon runners from a group of Guildies.

Lone Wolf Help is an off shoot of my main guild, they do dungeon nights on the PC, I am sure they do them on the PS4. If not, then you could run the Dungeon Night. Reach out to @MissBizz if you play on the PS4 NA and she can hook you up on the PS4.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"