Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about nightblade

xKaSx7
xKaSx7
I'm going for a melee/desto staff build that being said I'm trying to go for a aoe single target build..

What race should I use and why. I'm thinking khajiit because of the crit damage I figured that would really be a game changer dealing alot of damage. How would I spec is another question of mine.

Right now i have a Vr1 temp and a vr1 sorc they both just got boring and Im trying out the nb class for the speed rush getting in and out of dungeons quick and I'll be in pvp alot. So any tips would be perfect. Thanks in advance
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just my advice, as you can play any way you want, but if you're going NB, drop the staff and pick up a bow. NB is about stealth and DPS, which is hard to do while you're waving a stick around.

The bow is used to kite enemies (at least until you can unlock the buffs) and melee is going to be the finisher.

With NB, stealth is your weapon. Most crit hit bonuses are derived from stealth attacks and firing off a warning shot using a staff will defeat the purpose.

Stay in the shadows. Kill in the shadows. Leave in the shadows.

Give both a try and see which one you prefer, since you're starting over. Won't hurt, right?
  • xKaSx7
    xKaSx7
    So shot and then slash. Seems easy enough. Thanks. So going with the khajiit and distributIng the points most in Stam and health and a few in magica would be the best way?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are mostly stamina, that is where you attribute points should go ... spread them too thinly and you will find you will run out of your main source of ability energy

if you are well geared you wont need much in health

another option on weapon choices is to keep the same weapons in the slots of both ability bars and get used to bar switching in combat ...

eg. one bar for starter/big hits on single targets, second bar for AoE
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• xKaSx7
    xKaSx7
    I'll try it later today when I get home. Can someone one tell me about the passive with the khajiit is it still bugged or what's going on with it the crit damage