Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is there any option to refund skill points?

Noomfy-Mop
Noomfy-Mop
✭✭
the title says it all really.

im not sure im happy with the skills ive got atm and don't want to "waste" new points on a new skill tree. since theres plenty of stuff to spend my points on.
as it stands I don't think 50 skill points is enough given the plethora of options available but im only lvl 20 and still don't know or understand how the VR system and champion points work beyond lvl 50.

but that's another story.

This is my signature.
Original. Right ;p!
  • Mustidious
    I await an answer on this as well :|
    Mustidious - Orc Templar [DC] PS4
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can reset your skills at a shrine (cost gold) if this is what you are asking for.
    Because I can!
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Mustidious wrote: »

hmmm.. ill take that as a big ol no.
    or perhaps "in the works" ay
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    You can reset your skills at a shrine (cost gold) if this is what you are asking for.

sounds about right.

and you get the points that you've spent on that reset skill tree back to use on other skill trees??

This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Mustidious
    Noomfy-Mop wrote: »
    Mustidious wrote: »

hmmm.. ill take that as a big ol no.
    or perhaps "in the works" ay

No I am a new too and wanted to change my skill points
    Mustidious - Orc Templar [DC] PS4
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, to add to this - the shrine is at the capital city in your second zone (Elden Root, Mournhold, Wayrest) and the cost is per point (I don't remember the cost, I think 50 or 100 gold per point) You have to option to reset attribute points, all skill points, or just reset the morphs. This can be costly. You can also purchase scrolls in the crown store to reset your skill points.

Just to let you know though.. once you get to VR and beyond, you will have a TON of skill points. At the beginning it's a bit more difficult to choose your skills.. but by max level you will be able to have a ton of skills available, and morphed (along with all the passives you want)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sounds about right.

and you get the points that you've spent on that reset skill tree back to use on other skill trees??
    There are 2 options:
    1) reset all your morphs. You pay for each skill that is reseted
    2) reset all skills. You pay for all skills.
    Because I can!
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    @MissBizz
    awesome. thanks for the help. I thought that may be the case with the VR ranks and getting a bunch of points but didn't want to get too much off topic of the resetting option. but you managed to cover that query without me even asking it.
    thanks for reading my mind :D
    that's amazing :P lol

@Bashev
    thanks for the info..
    ill definitely be checking that one out. and I think Mustidious will be aswell ;P
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are reset shrines in each alliances capital city. When you reset your skill points, the points are refunded and can then be spent on different skills. The cost is roughly 50 gold per point, and you have to reset them all at once, so the more skill points you have the more it will cost. My veteran rank 6 nightblade has roughly 180 points and it takes about 10,000 gold to reset.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the title says it all really.

im not sure im happy with the skills ive got atm and don't want to "waste" new points on a new skill tree. since theres plenty of stuff to spend my points on.
    as it stands I don't think 50 skill points is enough given the plethora of options available but im only lvl 20 and still don't know or understand how the VR system and champion points work beyond lvl 50.

but that's another story.

You can also buy a scroll from the crown store too
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    It's 50g per skill point. You have to find a shrine of standarr typically in the main town of a level 20 zone.
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz
    awesome. thanks for the help. I thought that may be the case with the VR ranks and getting a bunch of points but didn't want to get too much off topic of the resetting option. but you managed to cover that query without me even asking it.
    thanks for reading my mind :D
    that's amazing :P lol

@Bashev
    thanks for the info..
    ill definitely be checking that one out. and I think Mustidious will be aswell ;P

Oh, and I just realized you mentioned 50 skill points in your post. Just so you know, you also gain a skill point for every VR level you gain, PLUS you gain a skill point for every 3 skyshards you find (there are a TON), plus at the end of the mage's questline there is a choice you can make to receive 2 skill points... AND I think you get a skill point for every Alliance rank you move up (by doing PvP). So yeah, I think you end up with more than 200. :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha ha, now I know why I see so many hanging around the shrine. There was I thinking id walked in on an A.A meeting
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    You can also buy a scroll from the crown store too [/quote]

whats the scroll called?
    or is it obvious enough that ill know

This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will know one for skills one for attrabutes 400 crowns each
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    You can go to your appropriate Rededication Shrine for the Alliance you're with:

*Ebonheart Pact goes to Mournhold in Deshaan
    *Daggerfall Covenant goes to Wayrest in Stormhaven
    *Aldmeri Dominion goes to Elden Root in Grahtwood

(Note: There is no set amount of how much Gold it will cost...it goes by how many Skill Points you've earned.)

You could also spend 700 Crowns in the Crown Store for the Skill Respecification Scroll.
    Edited by BigBoi314 on July 18, 2015 5:26PM
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    You will know one for skills one for attrabutes 400 crowns each

Just found them both..
    1 for skills. 1 for abilities.
    And they're both 700 crowns.

Thanks for all the help folks

This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    So if you reset your skills everything goes to zero and your points are staked up from what you earned so far? So if my desto staff line gets reset the skill abilities I already have now will be there you use with just adding the reset points correct? Just if I'm not using two handed swords or dual wield or bow anymore I would rather focus on my staff and other areas like armor etc. is that correct? I just don't want to lose anything
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    you don't lose the learning on the skills, just the points are refunded
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ok good. Does that cost Crown Points or regular gold.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • LordDovakhiin

sounds about right.

There are 2 options:
    1) reset all your morphs. You pay for each skill that is reseted
    2) reset all skills. You pay for all skills.

Does this mean all morphs will be reset to level 1 and have to be leveled up again? Like if reset my werewolf morph so I can be a pack leader instead of a berserker do I have to level up to werewolf transformation IV again?
    Edited by LordDovakhiin on July 20, 2015 11:23AM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean all morphs will be reset to level 1 and have to be leveled up again? Like if reset my werewolf morph so I can be a pack leader instead of a berserker do I have to level up to werewolf transformation IV again?

No, the progress you have made in a skill line is remembered even if you reset your skills/morphs.