Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Additional characters as crafters - for which professions does it make sense?

Bluetea
Bluetea
Soul Shriven
I would like to develop more than 3 crafting professions. I've read that more than 3 professions for one character may limit available skill points for this character, so it's better to create another character for these additional professions.

But on the other hand, I've read that there are special crafting stations in high level areas, which a low level character won't be able to reach.

So, my question is: are there crafting professions that don't have any special stations and that are generally OK to develop for characters that will stay low level? For example, maybe provisioner or alchemist?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All professions need crafting stations, but it's only the gear-making ones that have high-level facilities needed to create high-level Set gear.

That said, Provisioner and Alchemist are the easiest ones to use 'crafting mules' for IMO and I did so on characters below level 10 and capped their crafting skills .. they both ended up at 50 even though there's no reason to go above 40 ATM.

The only potential problem is that ZOS have made it abundantly clear they hate 'crafting mules' and have done several things to make their life a pain, they may well add level-dependent mechanics to these professions to some time.

My experience is that actually a single character CAN cap all crafts, eventually, even without doing any PVP stuff (Cyrodiil has loads of Shards if you want to get them), PVE areas have more than enough Skyshards and other ways to get points by the time you're finished with Cadwell's Gold, if not somewhat earlier.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 20, 2015 1:54PM