Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Requesting Character Load

Piripew
Piripew
Soul Shriven
Hi,

Can anyone help, as I cant get past the " requesting character load screen "

I have added firewall exception
Turned antivirus off completely, left on but added exceptions to all zenimax folders ( as support suggested )
Turned off my VPN

What else is there to do?

Have never had any problem playing wow or connecting to any other online servers such as Fifa or anything.

Not a great experience so far as I even had to email them to get a login for the forums as one was not automatically sent.

Incredibly frustrating and of course any help would be very much appreciated.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    On the screen you type your password in, lower your grapics to min and log in all the way to play screen. Then put grapic settings back to normal.

That helped me a couple of times.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long did you wait? did it work before?

After an update, this is a common issue. The loading screen takes then a lot longer then regular. I tend to watch for the maintenance announcement and get the update and past the loading screen at off times when I"m not wanting to play. Sometimes it takes over 15 minutes, but it does get there. If you cancel the loading process, it is my experience, you go through the same long process. But once you got through it works perfectly again till the next update.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Piripew
    Piripew
    Soul Shriven
    I think the longest I have left the character load would be 5 minutes.

I can try dropping the graphics level and leaving it running for longer, but it seems madness all this !!!
  • Piripew
    Piripew
    Soul Shriven
    Nope, just dropped the graphics to 640x480 and left it for around 20 minutes. Still no go.

Why would it let me log into their servers to get my character but then not load the character?

Doesnt make much sense to me.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just try and leave it for atleast an hour or two. For example, when you go to bed. Just put it on loading and see then next morning what it did.

the times involved are way to long, but it does seems to be something that happens just the first time you log in. Also make sure you got the firewall opened and given admin rights to the launcher and client. this post should help checking that: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/928125#Comment_928125
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since 2.0.7 dropped, I began having the annoying "Repair" problems with the launcher that would go away if I just quit and restarted it. The problem eventually went away yesterday.

Now I am getting infinite loading screens today. The first was trying to exit Wayrest Sewers. After a few minutes, I force-quit the client. I am now getting a "Requesting character load..." which seems never ending. It's a character on which I've been a few times today, so I know all the necessary bits and pieces have been loaded and are not corrupt. It's been a while since the character load was an issue for me... seems like this time last year.
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    The ZOS team suggested this to me which really helped identify the problem, it is possible its a problem with your isp.

1. Open up command and type tracert 195.122.154.1
    2. It'll take a little while, what it is doing is well... tracing the route from your pc to the ip you've designated. keep an eye out for any * * * Request timed out.
    3. If it is the very first one, its probably an issue between your router and your pc. If there is none then its probably a problem at ZOS's side, unless your pc is oldschool :P and finally if there is any of those somewhere inbetween the first and last, then move on to the next step.
    4. Try tracert to another couple of random ip's to see if it persists, you can tell whether it is an international server issue or a locally one based on which ip's you compare it to. The earlier the closer to you they are.

Personally I was consistently having issues on the 3rd and 4th jumps, these were both servers managed by my isp, and it was after I pointed out to them it was their server and not my router, suddenly they became a bit more helpful :O I hope this helps someone out there. :D
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com