Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My assassin build advice

LotusBladedancer
I am wanting a 'Fun' build that I can do well in pve - and dabble somewhat in pvp

It is a stamina based build NightBlade woodelf (only level 20 so this is a work-in-progress)

Bar 1 2 Handed - For single target dps - spamming Surprise attack mainly

Rally, Surprise attack, dark cloak, killer blade, Ambush (Soul harvest)

Bar 2 - mobs dual wield

Ambush, Sap essence, quick cloak, steel tornado, killer blade - (Shooting star)

I read that dark cloak/shadowy disguise is useless, but I find it amazing to help get close to land the first stealth attack (attack out of combat)

Any advice to improve are all welcome :-)

• Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both dark cloak and shadowy disguise are amazing at that they do, which is mainly good for PvP. Both morphs work if their own aspects. In pve, it depends. If you are questing/leveling i'd say its cool to have as an oh *** on 1 bar.

Personally, for leveling I would suggest you use Double Take for the 20% dodge + move speed. Will make your life much easier. Could replace only of your dark cloaks in one of your bars for it.

I normally dont use a gap closer on a DW bar with steel tornado. steel tornado got a huge range and you can out range most mobs. I'd suggest mass hysteria instead and placing yourself at the tip if your range for minimal damage. and

I'd run Soul Tether ult for AOE stun on that DW bar as you get 16% more dmg on stunned target with DW.

Note also that steel tornado is an executionner so you can safely take killer blade off that bar.

I would suggest you invest time into leveling your fighter's guild to level 10, then level the ult 'dawnbreaker' into 'flawless dawnbreaker'. Gives you a +8% weapon smd passive just having it slotted. You can always switch bar to use the other ult.

Speaking of fighter's guild abilities, evil hunter/camouflaged hunter are also pretty good if you want to do more damage overall. Take camo hunter if you plan on one-shotting outta steath more in pvp.

I know Its sometimes rough to split abilities into 2 bars, but believe me if you practice now on switching your bars it will make you mucho more efficient later on.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not assassin specific advice but I would chime in here and support an early learn of switching between dual ability bars during combat. I have stepped up a level of performance with splitting abilities over 2 bars and switching as needed. My 2 buffs are present in both bars, but it still gives me 6 abilities + 2 ultimate choices to use in combat instead of just 3 + 1 ultimate.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• LotusBladedancer
    Thanks for the advice, so a revised build would be. (for levelling and low level pvp)

Bar 1 2 Handed - For single target dps - spamming Surprise attack mainly

Rally, Surprise attack, dark cloak, executioner, Ambush (Soul harvest) -(Dawnbreaker)

Bar 2 - mobs dual wield

Camo hunter, Sap essence, quick cloak, steel tornado, Mass hysteria - (Soul tether)

Never used mass hysteria before, so unsure how to work it into the rotation- both pve and pvp
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass hysteria would better on bar one, it frightens enemies away, if you start getting mobbed you use it to thin them out then you can do two things, chase one target down n slaughter them, or switch to bar two and wait for the group to come back to you and unleash hell on them
  • LotusBladedancer
    How about Caltrops? useful in pve?
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caltrops does high damage overtime and would recomment using it a lot.

Only problem is that its an aggro magnet. In dungeon, expect the tank to not be able to hold off the aggro of all enemies yiu hit with it.