Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran rank question

Atlaz
Atlaz
✭✭
Have 3 exp scrolls left, I'm wondering if they help level up veteran rank faster. Heard it's based on something else besides exp though. At level 42 right now, just wondering if I should blow through the rest of my scrolls or save one or two of them for later.
"Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    thats a tuff decision...Me personally id use them now. help get through the story and attain 50+ because after 50 and into VR1 its pretty much 100% a zone to achieve a VR2 and so on and so forth. Your scrolls have value now, be useless at VR
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally save them for when you character is Veteran Ranked, these days, the experience mechanics of veteran ranks are akin to the 0-50 leveling experience. As a result there is no huge advantage using them one way or another.

Another point to keep in mind is when in the veteran ranks your experience scrolls will increase your rate for both your VR rank and champion points.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I would personally save them for when you character is Veteran Ranked, these days, the experience mechanics of veteran ranks are akin to the 0-50 leveling experience. As a result there is no huge advantage using them one way or another.

Another point to keep in mind is when in the veteran ranks your experience scrolls will increase your rate for both your VR rank and champion points.

Valid point as well, a good set of opinions here for ya =)
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mail them to me, you don't need them, just in case you wanted a third option
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    Actually found out this neat grinding thing with 2 person sewer dungeon. Was faster exp than spamming aoe in cold harbor with an exp scroll. Basically kill the rat swarms in the first area, leave and reset the dungeon with a person and repeat. Not exactly sure how it's even possible to farm veteran rank, 1 million exp is a lot. Just been doing dungeons,.

5phnv4.jpg
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there are no new quest lines for the grind V10+ then save them until then (in my opinion)

You can reasonably successfully level V1-10 via Cadwell's silver and gold, but after that you are going to struggle solo after than. Craglorn can be a pain without a group.

Just my opinion.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend