Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If I'm a level 14 why am I being offered level 20 and 23 missions

IdesofMarch2
IdesofMarch2
✭✭
Maybe a stupid question but I'm not going into pvp just yet I'm trying to level up a lot more so I'm just doing pve but as I'm following the story lines like Queen Arreyn these missions are way above my level. I would assum it would go with the level I'm at. But Grahtwood is kicking my ass all over the place even with the enemies lurking around and even they are level 20 and above. So why is the pve allowing me to venture into these missions when I can't even use weapons or armor above my level? Am I going about this all wrong.
Runs with the A.D.
Xbox One
PC N/A
Magicka Sorc
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you only do the Queens quests? Do dolmens dungeons, and actually head north in auridon first. The quests will move you on to the next zone but that doesn't mean you've actually done all the quests in auridon. As well, try looking for quests in southeast Grahtwood, I think they are about level 15
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a stupid question but I'm not going into pvp just yet I'm trying to level up a lot more so I'm just doing pve but as I'm following the story lines like Queen Arreyn these missions are way above my level. I would assum it would go with the level I'm at. But Grahtwood is kicking my ass all over the place even with the enemies lurking around and even they are level 20 and above. So why is the pve allowing me to venture into these missions when I can't even use weapons or armor above my level? Am I going about this all wrong.

Cis you're sticking too rigidly to the main route through the map, taper off n do side quests
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ok. I'll go back to Auridon and see if I missed anything
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's worth noting that you do not get any XP from mobs that are more than 5 levels above (or below) your level. You should get quest XP if you can actually complete quests that far over your level, but none from the mobs you face. Plus your rewards will be over leveled, you'll have to wait if you want to equip them. As a check on your progress in your current zone, check your journal for achievements in most of the categories. That will give you a good idea of any areas that need to be explored.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also I wonder if you skipped the starter island, Kenarthi's Roost. If you did, go back and get it. You should have been lvl 7 before even leaving there. Also has a few skyshards.
    If you do that and everything in Auridon you should be around 16 before hitting Grahtwood.
    Edited by Xendyn on July 19, 2015 4:47PM
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    No I completed the roost. I did go back and noticed I didn't do the shrines (Mara etc) which I have no clue what to do with those if they are puzzles or not. But I didn't complete the finding of the leaders where you have to go find 4 and kill them. So I'm doing those now.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc