Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stolen goods

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
I got hold of a really good sword, if I launder it to a fence can I get it back and if so how? There is only the option to buy and launder with a fence. I really only want to get rid of the stolen flag so that when I enter a city a guard does not confiscate it.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I meant to say sell and launder not buy.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore this I figured it out. Got confused over different answers on my initial internet search hence posting here.

Info for any one wondering the same as I was, simply go to a outlaw refuge with your stolen item, can be found at every city, and approach the person who is a fence. You get too options sell or launder, select launder and your item will automatically be rid of the red stolen symbol.
    -Johnny Depp