Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another day, another worthless reward...

ontheleftcoast
ontheleftcoast
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm playing thru Cadwell's Gold to build up my Nightblade. I'm in northern Glenumbra and the King's Guard Dolmen comes up. I zone chat for help and after 10+ minutes get no takers so I decide to solo it. I do very well and finish it off without dying (yeah!) and what do I get for a reward? 91gp and a cheapo green staff. Really? Nothing else, not even a blue item? WTF, Zenimax. Where's the reward for effort? That was an epic battle, running and dodging, skin of the teeth survival against a lich and two daedric dragon knights. A greater storm elemental with two flame elemental sidekicks as the boss. And I get a staff so lousy it's not even worth harvesting for materials. Epic battles should mean epic reward. Instead I get something that was so not worth the effort.

There are days that feels like the tag line for the game. Forget about "Play as you want!" replace it with "So not worth the effort." and it's an accurate description of so many quests and achievements. Green items for completing major quests? No, dammit, those should be blue or purple. You finish Cadwell's Silver (or Gold) you should get a freaking gold item not some barely usable blue one. Make the questing feel like something rewarding for crying out loud.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and imagine if all these things dropped blue items always, wouldn't blue items then be the new green items.. ^^
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "all these things"? Umm, no. You get white and green trash in barrel's full from killing mobs. There aren't very many quests or dolmens in comparison. I sell 100+ green items a day and maybe pull 5 blues that I harvest for crafting materials. I get a purple item roughly once a week. In months and months of playing up 9 veteran toons (I recycled a VR2 toon to play my latest one) I've never once found a yellow item. That's a ridiculously low drop rate.