Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about vampirism?

LordDovakhiin
Me and my friend are here in aldmeri at the vampire shrine, it says under his active effects "Vampirism - you have been bitten by a vampire" but he has no quest marker or anything. Is this just because he's around vampires or did he really get bit and the quest isn't popping up?
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    If you were bitten by a bloodfiend you need to obtain a quest from a vampire named Vorundil, who can be located outside of the closest wayshrine in the area containing the bloodfiends.

If you were bitten by another player, then you can get the quest from the altar where people bite each other (a small note on the altar I believe).

Once you have the quest "Scion of the Blood Matron" you can enter the altar and complete the quest to become a full fledged vampire.
  • LordDovakhiin
    Thanks! Apparently he got scratched by the npcs last night which is weird on console cause I was pretty sure everybody killed the npcs quickly so people don't get scratched/bit.
  • Aerathnor
    Aerathnor
    ✭✭
    Thanks! Apparently he got scratched by the npcs last night which is weird on console cause I was pretty sure everybody killed the npcs quickly so people don't get scratched/bit.

They can't necessarily get them all without an investment of time from a fair amount of people.

Considering that prices are already dropping, it just isn't a good RoI to make 10k per bite and try to kill all the bloodfiends. Eventually Vamp/WW bites will be pretty much free and common.
  • LordDovakhiin
    Yea the pricing is ridiculous. I got bit for free from my friend who accidentally got bit after spawning back in at the werewolf shrine in front a wolf trying to bite his friend after server maintenance. Since then I've given every bite for free, I just go to game chat and sit. I was scammed out of almost 20k for a werewolf bites. So I know the feeling and the struggle lol I've got 4 characters with wolf bites so far, 1 on each faction except Daggerfall, I have 2 wolfs on Daggerfall.