Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't do quest Shades of Green & Right of Theft & Retaking the Pass & breaking the ward

NGP
NGP
✭✭✭
I've spoken to Indaenir to finish the The Blight of the Bosmer.
But I can't do RIght of Theft, I just happen to found Nara, she doesn't want to give me quest. Not does Indaenir.
So I can't have the quest Right of Theft. And I don't know how to get the quest of Retaking the Pass.

But I have Breaking the Ward, which is asking me to Talk to Bodring at Driladan's Pass, But everytime I go there. There is no arrow on his head. and he only accept Goodbye as answer.
And I can't have any other quest in Greenshade anymore, stuck here. Do I miss sth?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The Blight of the Bosmer", "RIght of Theft" and "Shades of Green" are concurrent quests. Once all three are done you get "striking at the heart".

Retaking the pass is a prerequisite quest for the first 3. So why you finished the blight of the bosmer is unknown to me.
    Retaking the pass is given just outside of marbruk (north exit)
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭

Ranique wrote: »
    "The Blight of the Bosmer", "RIght of Theft" and "Shades of Green" are concurrent quests. Once all three are done you get "striking at the heart".

Retaking the pass is a prerequisite quest for the first 3. So why you finished the blight of the bosmer is unknown to me.
    Retaking the pass is given just outside of marbruk (north exit)

I didn't know the sequence. Usually I just wondered around to pick up books and whatever quests I came across. Well, I didn't use the gate, I teleported.
    And my current quests shown in the quest list are " Shades of Green" and "Breaking the Ward", only these two.
  • VipA
    VipA
    Same thing is happening to me I've completed the other 2 but think I've done them in different order and now cannot even obtain retaking the pass ....

I think they should rename the quest to "Taking the P***"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what the problem is with Retaking the Pass, but this quest setup is a bit odd anyway:

Shades of Green and Breaking the Ward are both umbrella quests that include Retaking the Pass, Right of Theft, and The Blight of the Bosmer under them. These three can be done in any order, and completing one of them will start Shades of Green.

My best suggestion would be to abandon both Shades of Green and Breaking the Ward, as since they do the same thing, they may be conflicting with each other. After that, log off for 15 minutes. When you log on again, try getting Retaking the Pass (outside Marbruk north gate) or Right of Theft (on the road into Dread Vullain) again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the problem is with Retaking the Pass, but this quest setup is a bit odd anyway:

Shades of Green and Breaking the Ward are both umbrella quests that include Retaking the Pass, Right of Theft, and The Blight of the Bosmer under them. These three can be done in any order, and completing one of them will start Shades of Green.

My best suggestion would be to abandon both Shades of Green and Breaking the Ward, as since they do the same thing, they may be conflicting with each other. After that, log off for 15 minutes. When you log on again, try getting Retaking the Pass (outside Marbruk north gate) or Right of Theft (on the road into Dread Vullain) again.

I abandoned them and that worked
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    VipA wrote: »
    Same thing is happening to me I've completed the other 2 but think I've done them in different order and now cannot even obtain retaking the pass ....

I think they should rename the quest to "Taking the P***"

I abandoned my quests and retaking. Now they're fixed.