Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 - NA Server - Enchanting, How to level it up

Pyro117
Pyro117
✭✭
I have been successful at leveling up all the other crafting skills basically without any major difficulties. I always gather all the ore I can find, craft it into sellable pieces and deconstruct anything I receive (except for researchable pieces and high sellable items). That process works fine.

Can't exactly do that with enchanting. The runes are just 1 per and rare to find based on how easy it is to find ore/thread/wood.

Besides getting an enchanting trading buddy - is there a secret to leveling up this crafting skill.
Edited by Pyro117 on July 14, 2015 9:22PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, enchanting has always been the most difficult of the professions to level up. The developers actually reduced the experience needed for each crafting level some time ago, but it is still a very time consuming process.

Other things that might help:

1. Doing the enchanting crafting writs everyday. This helps level you quite a bit and has a chance to give you runes, glyphs to deconstruct, or enchanting surveys as part of the reward.
    2. Buying glyphs (to deconstruct) or runes from guild stores to speed the process along.
    3. Putting a point or two into the enchanting keen eye passive to better help you spot runes while exploring.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on July 14, 2015 9:40PM
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    I have the keen eye maxed but it doesn't really help me spot them. I can see that blinking colored light usually well before the keen eye ever shows up.

I will have to start doing the daily enchanting writ in hopes of something good. I have also attempted to do the buy runes to extract but that gives little XP.

Thanks for the advice - kinda of helps knowing that this is a pain in the behind to level up and there is no magic bullet that I was missing.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how much time you have invested in it, but if I were you, I'd respec and put the skills somewhere else. Enchanting is the absolute worst skill to work.

The runes are randomized. You're likely to come across Essence and Aspect runes about 75% of the time, and Potency runes 25%. You'll need the Potency runes because you'll run out quickly making glyphs.

Leveling up is going to kill this skill because runes will also level, but you may not have the skills to use them. This is where I was frustrated, and decided to give up. Even as I ran back to find lower-leveled runes, it was much too time consuming to find Potency runes.

By the time I sold all my runes, I had: 122 Essence, 176 Aspect, and 16 Potency (all above my current level).

It's far easier to buy the glyphs than it is to make them.

• Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    I don't know how much time you have invested in it, but if I were you, I'd respec and put the skills somewhere else. Enchanting is the absolute worst skill to work.

The runes are randomized. You're likely to come across Essence and Aspect runes about 75% of the time, and Potency runes 25%. You'll need the Potency runes because you'll run out quickly making glyphs.

Leveling up is going to kill this skill because runes will also level, but you may not have the skills to use them. This is where I was frustrated, and decided to give up. Even as I ran back to find lower-leveled runes, it was much too time consuming to find Potency runes.

By the time I sold all my runes, I had: 122 Essence, 176 Aspect, and 16 Potency (all above my current level).

It's far easier to buy the glyphs than it is to make them.

Yes, It is the most frustrating thing to level up. However I can create better runes than I can buy in the stores. I also decon everything I get and I have a few friends sending me their unwanted glyphs (because you get nothing for selling them). Lastly, I try to find folks working on this skill as well and trade glyphs of the same caliber with them (green for green, etc...)

Decon another toons created glyph is a lot better experience. Honestly though I found that the armor glyphs really don't make that much of a difference - I rarely use them any more and moved to creating new armor every 2 levels. I will probably go back to using them once I hit VR ranks where I won't be creating armor very frequently.

I forgot to mention that I have 3 toons and all glyphs/runes found go to the one toon doing the enchanting skill - still I am level 40 and struggling to get to level 25 in echanting. I am at level 28 in blacksmithing and I don't focus on that skill as much.
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Oh and there is an acheivement about creating an legendary glyph and applying it to legondary gear. Gotta catch em all...