Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EXP GRIND

stefanjoe
stefanjoe
Soul Shriven
guys im a newcomer - nice to meet you all!

several guild mates told me that i should grind instead of doing the quest line cause its kinda faster!

so i have the following questions for you:

1. do you think its worth farming even if i lose some skill points? (yes i already made a DK till 42 and followed the entire questline)

2. it's true that if i skip the quest line i'll be able to get back 300+ skill points just by doing all the VR quests?

3. what if i just follow the quest line and use the ring of mara 10% + 10% that i get by the subscription?

thanks in advance
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. do you think its worth farming even if i lose some skill points? (yes i already made a DK till 42 and followed the entire questline)

Re: The amount of skillpoints is huge and at a certain point you will reach the moment that you got enough for your build and crafting. This does mean that missing more skillpoints means you need to visit the respec shrine more often if you want to change your role or build. That is the biggest disadvantage of farming instead of questing.

2. it's true that if i skip the quest line i'll be able to get back 300+ skill points just by doing all the VR quests?

Re: You never get "those" skillpoints back that you skipped. You do get the skillpoints for the VR quests.

3. what if i just follow the quest line and use the ring of mara 10% + 10% that i get by the subscription?

Re: experienceboosts don't do a lot for questing levelling, only for farming (or when questing but skipping chunks). This has to do with how the rewards for questing and killing works. If you gain more xp, you will find yourself doing quests far below your level. The xp-reward is then reduced. The same for the kills you have to make in that quest. So the reward for having the boost is that you get less XP from the content. This can only be fixed by skipping chunks of content whenever you are overlevelled.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU