Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Templar a Viable Healer? And many other questions.

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
I figured some of the passives would allow me to feel comfortable with health and stamina and put some focus into Magicka, along with the healing chance of attacks, making being worried about your self being killed a less major factor. Thoughts? I would primarily use this for PVP, any ideas what to put on the bars? Wouldn't mind some alliance war support ones either, or even an assault one or two. I also love the imperial look of light armor :tongue: Thoughts? Any recommended sets too? Any crafts I should take up in this playthrough as I've always struggled trying to get it up in the endgame. Presumably alchemy and clothing? I am slightly confused at what my attributes could be also, a ratio could help with this.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    I have never made a templar before. Currently I am a generic PVP nightblade. Who <3 ganking people 40 levels my junior. I haven't really got in on the dungeon action either. And with this would probably go 7 light.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I started an Imperial Templar like you after console release with the idea of becoming a PVP healer. I decided on being an Imperial for the following reasons: 1. No need to buy the Imperial Motif, 2. You always need to put points into health so if I need to put less points into health I can put more points into Magicka; and 3. Most flexible class if I ever wanted to play Stamina or even a Magic melee healer/tank since you get the nice self-heal on melee.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any race can be an effective Templar Healer. I'm an Orc and can do both DPS and heal pretty much on any situation. Pick which ever race YOU want and go from there. Healing is more about the spells you use rather than the Race. Racial abilities help, but aren't that big of a deal IMO.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Cagro, you do realize you can convert equipment no matter what race you are right? You're right though, if the healing doesn't work out I can almost immediately switch to lots of other things.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    @Cagro, you do realize you can convert equipment no matter what race you are right? You're right though, if the healing doesn't work out I can almost immediately switch to lots of other things.

You maybe right but I have not found the option to do this at least on the console. I kind of remember seeing the option on the PC. Maybe I have to take a closer look.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @Cagro What type of attribute ratio do you propose for this?
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    I have an Argonian Templar Healer, and I'm loving it so far. I run Resto/2h in mostly Light armor, with some Heavy. All points in magicka.

You're going to want a Resto Staff as one of your weapons. I use 2h for soloing, but your choice of a secondary weapon is up to you.

Skills for Resto Staff you'll want to acquire/level up:

Grand Healing, morph to Healing Springs-- very nice, ground AoE with decent radius. Short duration, so you can take other morph if you don't need the extra magicka

Regeneration, morph to Rapid Regeneration-- I think Rapid is the better morph so you don't have to reapply it as often.

Blessing of Protection, morph to Combat Prayer-- morph also acts as a damage buff for your group, also a nice heal

Passives = all of them, especially the ones that restore magicka/health to allies on heavy attack and increase healing

Templar Skills you'll want to acquire/level up:

Puncturing Strikes, morph to Puncturing Sweep-- This. Amazing. My one damage skill on my healing bar, also has a prominent place on my 2h bar. I can solo world bosses mostly just spamming this. Sweep morph heals, so I can do damage and stay alive. Wonderful skill for soloing. Also an AoE that stuns enemies. The gift keeps on giving. Definitely take the Sweep morph as a Healer.

Spear Shards, morph to Luminous Shards-- your group will love you for this. Drop it on your tank or DPS, they get stamina and (with Luminous morph) magicka back with the synergy. Mostly a group skill, not really necessary for soloing.

Aedric Spear passives-- meh. It's mostly a DPS tree, so I wouldn't spend many points here. Maybe take the last one, Balanced Warrior, for spell resist.

Nova (Ultimate), either morph-- great for groups, decent for soloing. Has kept me alive a few times because of the 30% less damage dealt by enemies. I took the Disturbance morph for more powerful synergy, but might switch to Prison morph for snare.

Backlash, morph to Purifying Light-- nice skill, nice heal. Probably better in group situation.

Dawn's Wrath Passives-- all of them are good, especially the one that increases duration.

Rushed Ceremony, morph to Breath of Life-- Three words: Breath. Of. Life. It's a Templar Healer's reason for existence. The Spam heal. The "Oh (Bleep)!" button. The Must-Have-On-Your-Bar-At-All-Times skill as a Healer. Of course, it takes more than BoL to be a good healer, but BoL is still a must.

Restoring Aura, morph to Repentance-- nice passives when slotted, nice heals once a few things are dead and no cost (with morph)

Cleansing Ritual, either morph-- haven't tried it out personally, but a good extra healing skill to have

Restoring Wrath Passives-- all of them are good to have

Of course, there are other skills you could use that I haven't listed, but these are a good starting point. Find what combo you like best and roll with that. For armor sets, look into Healer's Habit, Seducer, Kagrenac's Hope, Eye of Mara, and Warlock.

Hope that helps