Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me Decide which gear to go for!

leepalmer95
leepalmer95
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So im a stamina DK with a 2h/bow build:

Not sure if theres 10 or 11 slots open:
7 armour
3 jewelry
1 weapon?

I want a Whitestrikes set for the survivability, so thats five now i'm not sure which sets to get for stamina/regen weapon dmg/ weapon crit etc...

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what you want to achieve, from the sounds of it you want to be a DD (Damage Dealer) in which case you wanna focus on max stamina (max stamina = max damage) and on weapon critical for the 40-50% damage boost a critical hit gives.

To maximise these you want a 5 piece Hundings Rage, its player craftable from Trolls slayer gully in the Rift and requires 6 traits in each piece to make. Doesn't matter which pieces but ideally your weapons and armour, weapons to maintain the 5 piece bonus at all times, because it is colossal.

For the other pieces you can either go for rings of the Ravager which is end game v14 power armour, you didn't specify your level which is why I'm trying to be generic as possible. If you're lower choose rings that give max stamina and then enchant with either weapon damage glyphs if you have them or reduce feat cost if you don't. Apply to all 3 pieces respectively.

A second good set to use is Night mothers gaze, player craftable 4 piece or 3 piece that adds weapon critical, requires 6 traits to make and is helpful to your cause.

I can be more specific and helpful if you reply your current max attributes, weapon damage, gear setups and ofcourse level.

Thanks
    Washed up player
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you want to achieve, from the sounds of it you want to be a DD (Damage Dealer) in which case you wanna focus on max stamina (max stamina = max damage) and on weapon critical for the 40-50% damage boost a critical hit gives.

To maximise these you want a 5 piece Hundings Rage, its player craftable from Trolls slayer gully in the Rift and requires 6 traits in each piece to make. Doesn't matter which pieces but ideally your weapons and armour, weapons to maintain the 5 piece bonus at all times, because it is colossal.

For the other pieces you can either go for rings of the Ravager which is end game v14 power armour, you didn't specify your level which is why I'm trying to be generic as possible. If you're lower choose rings that give max stamina and then enchant with either weapon damage glyphs if you have them or reduce feat cost if you don't. Apply to all 3 pieces respectively.

A second good set to use is Night mothers gaze, player craftable 4 piece or 3 piece that adds weapon critical, requires 6 traits to make and is helpful to your cause.

I can be more specific and helpful if you reply your current max attributes, weapon damage, gear setups and ofcourse level.

Thanks

Ty, currently im vet 5 and i'm at about 2k weapon damage, 13.5k hp, 8.4k Magic. 19k Stamina (outside of cyrodiil)

Currently my Gear is

Ravaging Greatsword Vet 1 gold - Disease
    Ravaging Chest Piece Vet 1 Purple - Max stamina
    Ravaging Ring Vet 1 purple - reduce stamina cost enchant-
    Ravaging Band Vet 1 purple - reduce stamina cost enchant
    Ravaging Necklace Vet 1 purple - weapon dmg enchant

Random Blue belt Vet 3

The rest is a mix of twin sister sets and ward of cyrodiil set (2 of this set), 2 of them are gold the rest are purple, they was campaign rewards.

I was thinking of Whitestrikes because the dmg shield looks very useful. What dmg should i be looking for and such, also i slot Camo hunter so i have 30% crit on swordside
    PS4 EU DC

• ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    Whitestrakes is good don't get me wrong but there's always something better, even for tanks, the fact you're using Ravager set is excellent as it truly is amazing. Adding hundings to that would make you unstoppable. Also think about incorporating pieces of the Morag Tong into your setup once you reach the level, obtained through PvP.

The 19k stamina is a bit low for a stamina build and Dragonknights are usually magicka users for the fire damage but its still good. I'm trying not to patronise but have you enchanted all 7 pieces of your armour with stamina enchants? If not go to an enchanter in your v1-5 areas and buy 7, should cost like 200 each, and get the mundus stone The Tower for max stamina, its in Deshaan somewhere near Lake Hlallu Retreat.

Lastly use food buffs, look at ones in the guildstore and you're looking for blue food not drink that adds max health and max stamina, should make you a powerhouse.

A tip for damage is also to go to the fighters guild tree and check out the ultimate, dawnbreaker. Once you morph it and get it to level four when slotted it gives you 13% more weapon damage. OP for days.

Happy as always to help further if you need.

Thanks
    Washed up player
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whitestrakes is good don't get me wrong but there's always something better, even for tanks, the fact you're using Ravager set is excellent as it truly is amazing. Adding hundings to that would make you unstoppable. Also think about incorporating pieces of the Morag Tong into your setup once you reach the level, obtained through PvP.

The 19k stamina is a bit low for a stamina build and Dragonknights are usually magicka users for the fire damage but its still good. I'm trying not to patronise but have you enchanted all 7 pieces of your armour with stamina enchants? If not go to an enchanter in your v1-5 areas and buy 7, should cost like 200 each, and get the mundus stone The Tower for max stamina, its in Deshaan somewhere near Lake Hlallu Retreat.

Lastly use food buffs, look at ones in the guildstore and you're looking for blue food not drink that adds max health and max stamina, should make you a powerhouse.

A tip for damage is also to go to the fighters guild tree and check out the ultimate, dawnbreaker. Once you morph it and get it to level four when slotted it gives you 13% more weapon damage. OP for days.

Happy as always to help further if you need.

Thanks

Yeah i have flawless dawnbreak IV, sadly it only gives you 8% now days, but i use blue Regen pots, i currently have around 600 magic/800 hp/1600 stamina regen with pots (with my passives a 300 pots adds an extra 500 total)

I use the warrior mundus for now, adds a bit of dmg, how much stamina does the tower add?
    PS4 EU DC

• ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    The tower adds I think 1000 base and then can be increased via the divines trait on armour, I highly recommend max attribute food as your damage is scaled off max stamina too, I was pushing 25k stamina on a v1, sucking every stamina buff possible, was hitting 8k damage with uppercut and critting around 10k, it really does help.

Although your regen is very nice. With 1500 I doubt you'll ever run out, do you do pledges for the two piece dungeon sets?
    Washed up player
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tower adds I think 1000 base and then can be increased via the divines trait on armour, I highly recommend max attribute food as your damage is scaled off max stamina too, I was pushing 25k stamina on a v1, sucking every stamina buff possible, was hitting 8k damage with uppercut and critting around 10k, it really does help.

Although your regen is very nice. With 1500 I doubt you'll ever run out, do you do pledges for the two piece dungeon sets?

Still finding it hard to find a decent group to do pledges, the problem is i don't want to be a glass cannon, having high stamina and dmg sounds great but i don't want to die quickly.

Then again if i play right i should easyily avoid dmg and heal with rally/gdb while reflecting projectiles.
    PS4 EU DC

• ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    If you use food buffs and split your attributes 4:1 stamina to health, you should end up with about 16-18k hp and 30-33k stamina which will more than suffice with a healer, Green dragon blood should help you self sustain anyway. I take it that you're a console player as you are struggling to find pledge teams? If so what console because my brother has a Guild on xbox one that's for v1+ designed specifically for pledges. If not then I suggest traipsing the forums and chats to find a PvE guild, makes things alot easier :)

Thanks
    Washed up player
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use food buffs and split your attributes 4:1 stamina to health, you should end up with about 16-18k hp and 30-33k stamina which will more than suffice with a healer, Green dragon blood should help you self sustain anyway. I take it that you're a console player as you are struggling to find pledge teams? If so what console because my brother has a Guild on xbox one that's for v1+ designed specifically for pledges. If not then I suggest traipsing the forums and chats to find a PvE guild, makes things alot easier :)

Thanks

Ps4 :P , damn 33k is that even possible? , luckily i've completely maxed provisioning so food is easily accessible.

What stats should aim for about

16-18k hp
    30k~ stamina??
    Magicka?

Stam regen?
    Hp Regen?
    Magicka Regen?

Weapon Dmg?
    Weapon Crit?

Sry for all the questions, rare to find someone willing to help, ty a lot though.
    Edited by leepalmer95 on July 14, 2015 4:09AM
    PS4 EU DC

• ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    Well I cant really say what is 100% best but what I usually do is, if I'm an attribute based damage dealer, for example stamina I say *** to magicka and leave it. It should settle at around 9k ish which is enough for the odd GDB and rally.

Its pretty hand you've maxed provisioning as I'm hearing tales of hardship on console to train it, look for a recipe improvement 5 and recipe quality 2 that gives max health and stamina in your stores, when you hit v10 look for recipe improvement 6.

33k stamina is possible but you'll settle at 30k because everything over that is overkill and can be placed into health as I doubt you'll reach 33k as a dragonknight without sacrificing health. Try to make sure wherever you go you have a templar healer, they're special because they can throw shards that offers a synergy to allies to restore 25% stamina and some more. Its a must have for stamina builds, get a buddy with that and restoring aura morphed.

You should be rocking from there of course if something I say isn't working or isn't good feel free to change it. Things can change severely bases on racial passives and other zenimax related atrocities haha.

Again if you need me reply :)

Thanks
    Washed up player