Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trophies not useable?

theantiangel
theantiangel
Soul Shriven
I've managed to amass a few trophies, including an Ogre Toe Ring (hah!) and a Flawless Tail Feather. Everywhere I've looked online, folks say you have to "use" them to have them added to your achievement total.

However, the only option I have for mine is to destroy.

Trophying - I'm doing it wrong. Any help is appreciated!
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    You need to assign it to a quickslot first, for console you can assign it to any of the D-Pad, then like you would select a potion you now select the Trophy and press D-Pad up to activate the trophies animation :smile:
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • kupacmac
    kupacmac
    ✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind: some trophies are collectibles (for achievements) and some just perform an animation.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Folks these same questions have been asked and answered quite a few times in recent posts. The forum does have a search function. OP, what you have, Ogre Toe Ring and Flawless Tail Feather, are more correctly called collectibles. These are consumable and vendorable items that drop from specific creatures. Trophies are quest rewards that cannot be sold, but can be slotted in quickslot or otherwise used to produce some minor benefit or mostly some graphic effect. Trophies stay in your inventory until you destroy them.

As for collectibles, they work differently on PC and Console. On PC, they get 'used' like a food or drink, which consumes the item and adds it to achievement journal. Each one can only be consumed once by the same character, and can be sold after that if another copy is found. For the console, I still have not seen any confirm response on how they work, but it seems there are 2 likely scenarios. First, it gets added to your achievements as soon as it is in your inventory. You can check this by opening your journal and check TROPHY on the achievement tab. There you will find a list of all possible collectibles. There are several groups of them, and each time a group is completed, a dye unlocks. If the collectibles in your inventory do not show up as completed in your journal, then try to 'destroy' the item and see if that adds it to your journal. Post which way works, so we can pass it along to your fellow console users.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • theantiangel
    theantiangel
    Soul Shriven
    I did search for trophies in general with no luck. I did not think to search for the individual name. Sorry to have raised your ire on my very first forum post.
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    On consoles, if you get a collectible in your inventory, it counts towards the achievement, you may then destroy it or sell it, or give it to your alt so he can benefit from the collection achievements as well.
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • theantiangel
    theantiangel
    Soul Shriven
    Oh. So on consoles I don't have to do anything to get the credit? That's pretty sweet. I'm really good at doing nothing! Thanks for your help.