Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Traders

BigBoi314
BigBoi314
✭✭
This one goes out to all the Guildmasters on here.

How much do you guys bid on a Guild Trader? I've bid some outrageous amounts of Gold on different Traders and have lost every time. If I bid higher, it's really pointless since we only keep it for a week.
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    Well, a lot, i won't expose exactly how much we bid cause you know, other GM's can take advantage of it. I'm Console btw, but i heard PC prices can go up to as high as 100-200k for prime spot traders.

In the first week of Console i could get a good Trader for only 2k... well you can start adding 0's to that cause that ship has sailed.

With some luck we acquired another guild trader again this week, but it was not the one we wanted...

Basically you need enough members selling enough stuff to fill up your Guild bank with Taxes so you can start bidding outrageous prices for Traders. its just how it is, not perfect if you ask me but at least its something. In a month or so you'll probably see the Guilds with the most active members dictating the Guild Traders, and the smaller guilds with maybe 150ish members out of luck, and the more you lose Guild Traders, the less your guild members will sell on your store, the less taxes you make and the less you can bid on Traders. A vicious degrading cycle.
    Edited by DuroNL on July 13, 2015 12:25PM
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuroNL wrote: »
    I'm Xbox EU btw, but i heard PC prices can go up to as high as 100-200k for prime spot traders.

No way. Multiply by 3 to 10 depending on location.

• DuroNL
    DuroNL
    No way. Multiply by 3 to 10 depending on location.

So around a 1Million Gold? that's just insane...
    Founder of Daedric Gore, Join us and 140+ members for Chaos! And Xbox an Ambassador
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    That's what I'm saying! But seriously, if people are able to spend those amounts of Gold each week for a Trader then the only thing I can think is that they're botting.
  • DuroNL
    DuroNL
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    That's what I'm saying! But seriously, if people are able to spend those amounts of Gold each week for a Trader then the only thing I can think is that they're botting.

Well this might be the case on PC indeed...

I'm curious how it will work out on Console, but i guess the prices will go up fast enough... sadly...
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »

Nope.
    Well I cannot swear that noone is botting but what I know for sure is that it IS possible without botting.

And it is not A PERSON who's spending such money, but A GUILD.

1 million isn't much for a GOOD trading guild.(1000000/500=2000g per member, 2000g is nothing for a good dedicated trader).

A good trading guild is a guild where people are not recruited randomly but based upon their will to actively farm and trade, keep their selling slots full with well-priced items for which there is a high demand and possibly low supply. Where you don't find a pack of 3 baits for 750 gold and this kind of stuff.

If run this way, a trading guild can already make an awful lot of money in game, on taxes alone.

On top of that, a good trading guild is a guild whose leaders invest time and energy to create fundraising events, auctions, raffles, prized games, incentives for donations, creating a good community atmosphere, etc...
    As a result, a good trading guild is a guild where people would want to stay because they don't have to fear that the guild trader will be gone by next week. As a result, good members of good trading guilds will willingly donate a lot to the guild bank for the guild trader because it is a good investment, since having a guild trader in a good location will boost sales no end.

Last but not least, a good trading guild with a stable guild trader in a good location will make itself a good name, so that customers / players will not randomly hop from one guild trader to the next but go check there first, because they know they will find good well-priced items and no crap. That also boosts sales.

It's a virtuous circle that requires a lot of care, attention and investment from the guild leaders because it can break down easily as soon as one bad worm gets into the fruit.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on July 13, 2015 12:45PM