Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rare Motif question

Willy8257
Willy8257
Can someone explain to me exactly what is the restriction for using rare motif's.

For example I bought a barbaric motif in a guild store, but it says that i need to be rank 7 or higher in either ww, bs, or clothing. Is this the skill lvl, or is it something different?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THose are crafting skill lines.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's referring to the level of material you can craft. You need to have skill points up to level 7 for Barbaric and Primal, in any one of the equipment crafts. Daedric requires level 9, not sure if Ancient Elf starts at 8 or 9.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    Ok got it. However i have a new question: if i reach the level requirement for one of the crafting skills and i succesfully open the rare motif, does that mean i can now use that style for all crafting arts or only the one(s) that meet the level requirement?

For example, my barbaric motif requires rank 7. So if my woodworking is at 7 but my clothing is at 3 will i be able to make barbaric clothes since i was able to learn the style through woodworking?
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    @Willy8257 I believe that once you hit 7 in one crafting skill (as in, 7/9 skill points in the first part of that skill) and then learn the motif, you'll be able to craft anything in the Barbaric style, even if you don't have the other crafting skills up to 7/9. That's my understanding of it. Once you are able to learn the motif through leveling up any one of your crafting skills, it should be available to craft at any crafting station.
  • Svartiloghin713
    Yes, after reaching the level 7 skill requirment for any of the crafting skills [Blacksmithing,Clothing and Woodworking] you will be able to use the Motif to craft in the others as well.
    -Stay silent and stalk in shadows my friend-

Spinaltâp....Vet 1....Faction: AD....Class: Nightblade....Console: PC....@PsychoFiend713
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    Ok thanks guys for clearing all this up for me