Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What area should I be in for my level?

emubilly
emubilly
Soul Shriven
This game is great and all but it does a pretty bad job at guiding you to an area of your level. Right now im level 19 and the quests around me are level 22 or higher. Can anyone give me some tips and guides? Thanks
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Map-zone-levels.jpg
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    emubilly wrote: »
    This game is great and all but it does a pretty bad job at guiding you to an area of your level. Right now im level 19 and the quests around me are level 22 or higher. Can anyone give me some tips and guides? Thanks

I disagree that it does a bad job at guiding you. the point is that it isn't taking you by the hand as a child. It encourage you to explore on your own.

The first thing you have to realise is that there is more then enough content to keep you on level.
    So it is likely you skipped some stuff.

It helps if you tell what alliance you are and where you are actually questing.
    Some things to check.
    1: did you do the starter island of your alliance (Stros m'kai and Bethnik for daggerfall, Kenarthi roost for aldmeri dominion and Bleakrock Island and Bal Foyen for Eboneheart)?
    2: did you do all delves and dolmen and the public dungeon in the first big map (glenumabra, Auridon or stonefalls)
    3: are all the mapicons except the group dungeon and the worldbosses on the first maps "white" and not black. If an icon is black it means there is something to do there to gain XP.

If all is ok, it is likely you took a wrong turn and should look elsewhere on the second map where the level 19 quests are.

If for any strange reason (e.g. not killing enough foes during quests) you done all and are on this point, don't panic. When doing stuff below your level you get more XP and in now time you'll be back on track. Do try in that case to kill more. the most xp comes from kills.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tessie I disagree with Cyrodiil level range. It's great in the non-vet campaign. In fact, it's better than low vet ranks because you're battle leveled and you don't get steamrolled by a horde of maxed out seasoned v14 PvPers.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    @Tessie I disagree with Cyrodiil level range. It's great in the non-vet campaign. In fact, it's better than low vet ranks because you're battle leveled and you don't get steamrolled by a horde of maxed out seasoned v14 PvPers.
    It's likely an older map pre-dating the non vet campaigns. Perfectly accurate for the low levels tho.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • KronicDecay
    KronicDecay
    ✭✭✭
    emu it may help to say what faction you play on to get a better answer
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    I always try to do quests that are like 3-4 levels higher than I am anyway. You should be fine doing those lvl22 quests
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest problem is, I take a quest which involves travelling quite a bit, once completed find that the story you have been on continues in the new area you are in. Only when you are give that new quest you find it is too high a level for you, I play them but it does mean dying a lot.
    Zachy_B wrote: »
    I always try to do quests that are like 3-4 levels higher than I am anyway. You should be fine doing those lvl22 quests

Although at times difficult I do as well. Fighting one or too enemies higher is fine but a bit more more difficult when facing 3-4 enemies in an area your supposed too be looking for things.

Although the game does not hold your hand, as said, I am left wondering if perhaps there could have been another of way of finding quests that you could comfortably do, or choose not to do.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp