Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get Repair Siege Weapon to work during Training Quest

Tabris93
Tabris93
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I am just not getting it. I'm L10 and just travelled to Cyrodiil. I'm doing the siege weapon training quest line at Eastern Elsweyr Gate. I've gotten to the quest where I am to repair a siege weapon. I got the repair kit from Zan, equipped to a quickbar slot and activated it - yet when I target (look at a particular siege weapon so that I see the status bar) and click "Q", nothing happens.

I have tried every siege weapon, and of course also made sure it wasn't in use. I tried yesterday, quit the game and logged on this morning and it's he same. To make sure I used the Quickslot-function correctly I tried equipping a food item, and that worked fine. The food was eaten when I clicked "Q". So I am using the quickslot function correctly. But when I switched back to the practice repair kit, nothing happens.

Sometimes when I click Q while targeting a siege weapon I will get the error message "Item not ready yet".

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? It's annoying that I can't progress in Cyrodiil just because of this stupid error.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to pick a certain siege engine, as I recall. Don't be "sitting" in it, just wander around one until the message to "Use Kit" comes up. Then press Q to use the kit
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me. The use kit prompt never appears. Worst thing is that I cannot seem to skip this either
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to go to your inventory and put the repair kit into your quickslot section which will then bind to your Q button.
  • Tabris93
    Tabris93
    ✭✭✭
    I have put it in the quickslot section and bound it to my Q-button. But nothing happens when I press Q, no matter what siege weapon I target.

I see it's not only me, Nolphi. I have put in a bug report for this.
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    It suddenly worked. Left the area, came back later, pressed Q a lot and suddenly it worked. Your character will kneel when it works
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • ignatz22
    ignatz22
    Just got first character to this area, same glitch. Bug Report and Call for Assistance sent, awaiting reply now.....
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same thing. The next day, it worked.

Try logging out and back in. If it doesn't work, try a few more times. It may just be the instance you are in is messed up.

FYI, that seems to fix issues with a LOT of quests.
  • Krenthal
    Krenthal
    ✭✭
    Wow, PvP is so bugged that first time users can't even get past training. I've never engaged into PvP before, this is so welcoming.
    Edited by Krenthal on April 11, 2014 3:17PM
  • Frances
    Frances
    ✭✭
    I am stuck on this too, and the bug screen won't even come up to report it. :expressionless:
  • Vyshan
    Vyshan
    ✭✭✭
    This is still not working.. I can't even quick slot the item. It has no USE rightclick option, either.
  • jumaru
    jumaru
    The trick that seemed to do it for me, is to first use the siege weapon a few times and then try to repair it.
  • keylargo
    keylargo
    This still needs to be fixed.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »
    You need to pick a certain siege engine, as I recall. Don't be "sitting" in it, just wander around one until the message to "Use Kit" comes up. Then press Q to use the kit

This was the same for me; however the feedback here suggests we are actually seeing a bug for some players. Has anyone filed a support request?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happening for me as of 5/6. I've used it on my other character, so I know what it looks like when it's working. Guess I'll file a bug report.

edit: after reading another thread, I just pushed Q while targeting the weapon (with no option to 'use repair kit' showing)..and it worked.
    Edited by Shanna on May 6, 2014 12:40PM
    This is all part of the game.
  • AVCN
    AVCN
    ✭✭
    Well, for me, it has not worked during a siege. Guess what? Lost the weapon. Frakking zerg mage spawned near it while I was desperately trying to fix it for Sheogorath-knows-how-many times...
  • Frances
    Frances
    ✭✭
    Still bugged. It worked on 3 characters - on my most recent alt, nothing seems to resolve it. It would be nice if we could skip the intro to pvp and just get the skill points the way we can skip the starter tutorial. By round 4, these quests just feel like jumping through hoops, and broken hoops at that.
  • idahogeekette
    idahogeekette
    ✭✭✭
    I have. the siege engine automatically repaired itself instantly when wore out, so I didn't get a single click in even if I had my quickslot up and ready to go.
  • incandescent
    incandescent
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't get this to work. No matter which siege weapon I choose, I get the message "Item not ready" when I use the quickslot. When the siege weapons reach zero health, they automatically repair themselves.
  • webliviousb16_ESO
    webliviousb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks. I have just had the same problem, so I came here read the suggestions. went back into the game, selected the siege weapon with least health (by looking at their health bars), used it, destroyed the dummy, exited weapon use, opened quickslot, selected the repair kit & hey presto my character knelt down & fixed it.
    Thanks for your help. I wasted quite a lot of time before coming here and following your advice. Hope this helps someone else.
  • booksblanketsandtea
    booksblanketsandtea
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue, a year on. Did anyone manage to find a solution to this?
  • ALosito
    ALosito
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same issue. I'm happy I found this thread! I followed the advice of walking around a weapon hitting "Q". I walked to the front (the opposite of where you fire from) of the first weapon, after assigning the repair kit to my quick slot and hit Q and saw my character kneel and I got my achievement.