Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PS4] Moon Cycle FALSE!

Talleborn
Talleborn
Soul Shriven
Hey, I am here to tell you that I believe the Moon Cycles determining the spawning of Bloodfiends and Werewolves is just simply a plain rumor. So awhile back, I really wanted to get bit by a Bloodfiend, so I drew up a chart with the moon cycles on it and kept a log of every night I spent in Bankorai (Daggerfall Covenant) and recorded what I saw. I kept this act going for a while and all I've encountered were 2 werewolves. I kept putting an alarm on my phone when the time of the New Moon came and logged on immediately only to find nothing spawning. This kept going on and by the time I saw my 3rd New Moon, I called it quits on my research and just went to Bankorai whenever I got bored of questing.

Well, yesterday on July 8, 2015 12:13 EST, I got bored and decided to go to Bankorai and just sit there, probably start a band with people waiting for spawns by playing the lute or flute. Well, when I got there, the sun was setting, but it was still clearly visible and the moons were also visible and I could see that it was a Waxing Gibbous. The Waxing Gibbous is the moon phase right before the Full Moon! So I thought nothing of it and started chatting with the only other 2 people waiting. Out of nowhere, 2 Bloodfiends spawned before my very eyes and the other 2 people and I were just taking the hits until all 3 of us got the Vampirism. I couldn't believe it. Bloodfiends spawned when the sun was still visible AND when the moon phase was far from a New Moon.

So, in conclusion, I would like to say that I DO NOT believe in the Moon Cycles. I will also post pictures of the Bloodfiends I encountered and where I found it in Bankorai. Happy Hunting!

Bankorai Location: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-vampire-eso/
- If you go to this link and find the map location of Bankorai, it is the very top circle. It should be under the "Troll's Toothpick Wayshrine". If you go right where the arrow is on the map provided, you should see yourself under like a cliff-like rock that's probably 10 ft high. That's where they spawned.
- This place in the exact location is where I saw the werewolves spawn!

Bloodfiend Picture: http://postimg.org/image/abryg2nhl/
- Here is the pic I got of the 2 Bloodfiends. I was able to get both of their attention. If you notice, there are very strong shadows of the trees indicating the sun's presence. Also, you can kind of see a little light out still. Sorry I couldn't get a picture of the moon, but trust me, it's a Waxing Gibbous. There's no reason in lying.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. Moon cycles have nothing to do with it. Also, you should take [PS4] out of your thread title. Moon phases aren't relevant on any server.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Talleborn
    Talleborn
    Soul Shriven
    I just thought that I should share where I found my findings on because it seems as if I go anywhere in Bankorai, people are asking "Are vampires spawning today?", and people always seem to reply "No because it's not a New Moon!" and the person that asked leaves and misses out.
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    Good work. I'm pretty sure you're right also. And I don't think they wait 3 days either because I just got bit last night by a werewolf last night in the exact same location. The date was 7/9/15. By you're pictures it seems like they come pretty regularly and not how it's written on all these sites
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats interesting. I've heard there was no correlation before, but everytime that I have seen the WW spawn it was on a full moon. Bloodfiends dont stand out as much, so I probably notice them less.

Thanks for the confirmation, now I know to look on any night.
  • Talleborn
    Talleborn
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it! Also, that's odd that you've heard no correlation before! Most "How To Become a Vampire on ESO" videos seem to always have moon phases in it! Guess you've watched a different one than I have. Anyway, have a great day everyone!
  • Drew2KX
    Drew2KX
    Extremely helpful!
    And here I was depressed because I never seem to be home from work when there's a new moon.

Thanks, love!
    -Andrea