Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting query

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
I have refined hide scraps, the hide I have should now make items for levels 16/24. The same with Iron ore and high Iron ore, items I should be able to make are between lvl 16/24. Yet when I go to make new items using the materials, I can only make items which are for level 14.

I must be doing some thing wrong if any one can help.

Thanks.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in the crafting window, you need to push over to the next material, then go down and select how many of that refined material and that will find tune the level.

If you're on console, I believe you just use an analog stick to move over to the other material (when you've already went down to highlight the material)
    Edited by MissBizz on July 10, 2015 11:14PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    When in the crafting window, you need to push over to the next material, then go down and select how many of that refined material and that will find tune the level.

If you're on console, I believe you just use an analog stick to move over to the other material (when you've already went down to highlight the material)

Thanks missbizz,

That was one of the first things I learned, the more of the material you wish to use the higher the level item you will craft. With the items I currently have it only allows me to use 12 of them, I do have more of each refined item but 12 seems to be the limit, and at that amount it comes up as lvl 14.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have skill points into crafting ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Do you have skill points into crafting ?

This. Every time you want to use a new tier of crafting mats, you must put a skill point into the proper skill line (called metalworking, tailoring, or woodworking).
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD and Allyhoo811, thank you.

I think that is where I may have gone wrong, I have not added any skill points awarded to either section. That may be due to me being able to craft items up to my level when I first started and thinking it would be the same all the time. I shall add skill points from now, thank you once again.
    -Johnny Depp