The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Roleplaying on Consoles?

Dyna
Dyna
✭✭✭
Hiya!

We've seen a trickle of console players joining up on teso-rp.com, and I'm a little concerned that there's not much community there for them as of yet; I'm curious to know what kind of console RPer population frequents these forums. Additionally, how is console RP working out?

Does anyone who's done it have any comments on how it goes? How would you say it differs from other RP? Is voice chat as big a limitation as it seems from an outside perspective? Are you having a hard time finding other RPers?

I did the console transfer, myself, just to have the game accessible on Xbox One... but I have to admit, the idea of trying to RP on it seems a little daunting!

If ZOS were to decide to add keyboard functionality because people keep asking for it, would that strengthen the community, or shake its foundations?
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    For myself, its been rather difficult to really feel a sense of RP immersion. There is always going to be people running around like crazies scooma junkies, also it seems the consoles have a bit higher troll population. Both of which can be somewhat looked pasted, but does effect the feeling of immersion.

A few guilds which I had tried which toted being RPers were more a collective of cool people, but none of which actually RP'd. I've heard a few actual RP guilds having success however, thus I am still hopefully. Though my personal preference would be to have a keyboard functionality. Not an area based one, but like how the emotes work with a text bubble above the head.

The daunting feeling of RPing with voice only is shared. I have a few characters which I like to play, all of which my voice would not match the personality of these characters... except maybe I could pull off a Khajiit.

GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum