The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I think I'm screwed....

QuebraRegra
QuebraRegra
✭✭✭✭✭
XBOX NA since launch.

As a non-vet DC, not really understanding the campaign mechanics, I made my HOME campaign RISLAV a while back. I seem to be screwed, as DC is almost non-existent on RISLAV (sp?) now. I have a few alliance points, but not enuff to switch my campaign.

What are my options?

It would seem to continue in RISLAV as DC at this time is beyond pointless. I can "guest" to another campaign, but there there are some obscure warnings about "world powers" and alliance points not working that I don't understand.

Some campaigns seem to have time limits.... I've been stuck in Sh!tslav for weeks, shouldn't I be able to leave? Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage....

This seems broke to me... Why is there no faction balance mechanism in the campaigns?

• theWILHELM
    theWILHELM
    Soul Shriven
    You can go into another campaign as a guest to get enough AP to switch it to your home.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theWILHELM wrote: »
    You can go into another campaign as a guest to get enough AP to switch it to your home.

So I can still get AP on a guest campaign? What was that about "wold powers" no applying?

Thanks.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need AP to switch campaigns. Just select the new campaign you want to be your new home, and select the option to switch when the campaign is over. It's free.
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theWILHELM wrote: »

So I can still get AP on a guest campaign? What was that about "wold powers" no applying?

Thanks.

It means that you do not have your campaign buffs carry over to your guest campaign. If your alliance had the Emperor, Offensive/Defensive Scroll, Enemy/Home Keep bonuses, those would only apply to your character in your home campaign.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    You don't need AP to switch campaigns. Just select the new campaign you want to be your new home, and select the option to switch when the campaign is over. It's free.

This makes logical sense that I should be able to change at the end, except that I have been stuck in that campaign for weeks and cannot switch without expending AP. Documentation is lacking, what is the duration for RISLAV (sp?)?

Have I entered an endless campaign? Can I only leave at the moment it ends (auto re-up occurring?)

Quite the trap....

latest?cb=20131002154400
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ayakashi-ghost-guild/images/9/95/Admiral-ackbar.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131002154400

Edited by QuebraRegra on July 10, 2015 3:49PM
  • theWILHELM
    theWILHELM
    Soul Shriven
    Yea it kind of sucks but you can still get AP in a guest campaign you just won't get the scroll and emperor buffs. You also won't get any points towards your tier.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks mate.

No worries then, I could care about scroll, buffs or tier rewards.

Off to BLACKWATER BALDE at some time in the far flung future.

Thanks again one and all.