The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not a vampire/werewolf

Frozstee
Frozstee
✭✭✭
Simple question or suggestion that I feel is more posed to the RP section, as I know the response would be trolled in general. Is there any thought to having abilities to players that do not (shocking I know) want to be a vampire or werewolf? Like a skill line of a "Hunter" or maybe play off something dealing with the psijic order that provides equally usable passives.
Not that I have anything against vampires or werewolves, but it seems that in most cases and even supposed RP guilds it's almost forced upon you to get in line to get a "bite" or it's your primary objective to seek out getting bit. Mechanically its obvious why everyone wants to have either of the infections, but to some we would rather slay these beasts rather than be one.
Anyone else?
GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
"Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum
  • Evi1_An9e1
    Fighters guild line has abilities that will affect vampires and a passive that will let them affect werewolves
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Evi1_An9e1 wrote: »
    Fighters guild line has abilities that will affect vampires and a passive that will let them affect werewolves

But both Vampires and Werewolves also have access to it.

I think there should be something like that, but like the other 2 you'd have to need to complete a quest for it and it would need to start at Bankorai, Reaper's March or...the place like that for Ebonheart Pact that I have forgotten the name of. It could become a very good or bad idea depending on what it gave you and took away (simply not being able to be a Werewolf or Vampire isn't enough because picking what you want isn't a draw back)
  • Evi1_An9e1
    I understand that and wholeheartedly agree that there should have been a better way to go about it but I do not think it will happen anytime soon. Yes both vamps and weres can access the fighters guild traits but they are still weak to them all the same.
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    Evi1_An9e1 wrote: »
    I understand that and wholeheartedly agree that there should have been a better way to go about it but I do not think it will happen anytime soon. Yes both vamps and weres can access the fighters guild traits but they are still weak to them all the same.

Yeah I feel the same about the fighters guild traits. It's not like a gripe or anything like that its more of I want my character to be unique and still competitive. Though the mechanical advantages are really potent and it seems like literally everyone is in some line to acquire a bite.
    Advanced Fighters guild traits that can only be taken by those whom are not infected?
    Psijic Order / Moth Priest / Vigilants of Stendarr?

So many options within TES lore to play off of, but like you said Evi1... I'm not expecting anything soon or probably ever hahah.
    GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum