The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Creating ESO: Identity and Update 3"

• meglon978ub17_ESO
    meglon978ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I want to point out something in the blog this comes from. I think that the writer is not seeing what's really going on.

"We knew black would be a popular color, and we chose not to make it hard to get. The artists designated one of our nine black dyes as the “best” and distributed the color, which was called Noxophilic Black, to the achievement for becoming a vampire. Another of the shades was given to a tough Trials achievement. When we went into testing for the system, the feedback was clear: some testers were unhappy that the “best” black (the one we thought would actually be less desirable) was tied to a difficult Trials achievement. The effect of rarity on desirability was fascinating."

Noxophilic Black isn't a saturated black, it's a dark grey. Even going back to Ultima Online, people can clearly see that when players want "black" as a color, they want black.. not some unsaturated, off-shade, dark grey. Thalmor Black (still a dark grey), Legate’s Black, Maormer-Eyes Gray, and Coldharbour Ash Black are ALL better, more saturated blacks, with probably the best being Legate’s Black.

People want black.. not grey. When you say it's being affected by "rarity," i think you're missing the fact that it's really being affected by the choice made by your artists. Making a REAL saturated black easy to get, and 10:1 the vast majority of the complaining goes away. Use the experience from UO.

That said, other than a bunch of the achievements still being bugged/broken/not in game/currently unachievable.... the system you've come up with is excellent; far, far, far better than just throwing out an RGB slider attached to a pot of dye like EQ did (the horrors... the horrors).
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    Dye system looks very good :D
    Now let us mix armor pieces as a disguise, so if you like the look of lvl4 gloves with lvl20 chest piece you put them on disguise layer while your main set is VR12...
  • pahajuju
    pahajuju
    ✭✭
    We'll be seeing rainbows after this. Only the unicorns are missing then.
    So not really excited about update 3.
    EU server, and loosing interest in the game.
  • Reticent_Prophet
    Sounds awesome but its too little too late for me. I may play again when there is a substantial change to the game for veteren ranks and pvp. As for right now though, new dyes and guild tabards are cosmetic and won't make the game much more fun. I hope to come back some day if this is done, or if the game goes free to play.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    When i played ESO , i've always felt that there are some thing is missing here . I haven't realized what it is until yesterday . The thing that is missing in ESO , the thing that make a game online become real game online , it's a Capital , a big City , where people can come back when they feel tired after a long journey to trade, to talk or just stand to show off their new armor. I want to mention that every game online have their own main city , Such as Stormwind and Orgrimmar in WOW . I hope that Zenimax will focus on their real weakness , sometime just a little thing can become a boundary between life and death

I hope that Zenimax can group Guild Traders in just only 3-4 city , and make a system allow guildmaster can decor their store ( rent some musician , or make a big board to advertise ..etc ) . It will make a city to be more bustling.

You should make DUAL system to allow player challenge each other , to to make it work , plz nef Sneak system, sneak will make player to be translucent and hard to detect not to be invisible like we're having atm .

I'm strongly believe that you can do it
  • Guhei
    Guhei
    Soul Shriven
    Halorin wrote: »
    Can we please, please, PLEASE get an option to hide shoulders, too? Most of them look oversized for my character. I've still been using my level 22 Breton Epaulets because they're one of the only form fitting shoulder pieces in the game.

+1000

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere that'll tell us the meaning of each of these symbols?

98a751e18841d7a924b44fca7f4149e8.jpg?_ga=1.153030393.194497516.1419262510
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!