Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fundamental problem with ESO

Vil
Vil
✭✭✭
Hey fellow ESO players,

I'm quite fond of this mmorpg, despite its flaws. However, I really do not want to quest through the other factions during the VR, for me that just kills any reason to make an alt in said faction.

Is there a way to keep levelling VR without doing cadwells (questing in other factions)?
Just pvp? PVP would actually be alright with me but it's kinda slow comparing to PVE questing.

This designchoice pretty much puts me in the position of quitting the game if I cant progress in any other way.

I appreciate any advice!
  • JankH
    JankH
    One other way could be grinding enemies, although it may be slower than questing but you will be contantly gaining exp. At the moment I'm mainly taking part in cyrodiil because I find the pvp fun and at the same time I'm gaining exp - just a bit more slowly which I don't mind because atleast I'm having fun in the process. When I'm not in cyrodiil I'll be grinding enemies.
    PC EU
  • JJBaboon
    JJBaboon
    ✭✭
    So you were ok with the idea of creating toons in each faction to play their story, but not ok with playing the other factions stories on the same toon? This seems very silly... But I suppose to each their own. It will talk you a monstrously long time in order to raise your VR level without the quests in the other areas. Grinding is about the only way. If you were willing to at least tour through the alternate factions areas wearing a set of high end gear with explorer traits you could get a little bump discovering all the areas and such. That's about it. The only other option is if you perhaps have some good friends willing to carry you in Craglorn through those quests and mobs which will grant you a fair bit of XP. But at a low VR level and virtually no champion points, unless you are extremely skilled at playing your toon you will likely be dead weight and going through a lot of soul stones when you inevitably die. Can't think of much else.
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    JJBaboon wrote: »
    So you were ok with the idea of creating toons in each faction to play their story, but not ok with playing the other factions stories on the same toon? This seems very silly... But I suppose to each their own. It will talk you a monstrously long time in order to raise your VR level without the quests in the other areas. Grinding is about the only way. If you were willing to at least tour through the alternate factions areas wearing a set of high end gear with explorer traits you could get a little bump discovering all the areas and such. That's about it. The only other option is if you perhaps have some good friends willing to carry you in Craglorn through those quests and mobs which will grant you a fair bit of XP. But at a low VR level and virtually no champion points, unless you are extremely skilled at playing your toon you will likely be dead weight and going through a lot of soul stones when you inevitably die. Can't think of much else.

I agree that would be silly but my point was that I wanted to avoid repeating content and that I don't want to be forced to do cadwells gold/the other faction quests on the same character.

However I thank you for you reply and thoughts, until the VR ranks are removed I guess cyrodiil/grinding is where it's at.