Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox One NA EP Question - Fell Hide Locations?

xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
✭✭✭
I'm in Coldharbor now and it seems that only Full Leather hide drops from Clanfear and Netches in east and west Coldharbor, I haven't been north yet.

I am trying to get Fell leather so I can craft new armor when I reach lvl 46. The only place in EP that I have come across this is in the Rift and only off of Deer and Foxes at a drop rate of 10% or less.

Could someone point to a zone or the right area of a zone where I can farm Fell Hide in EP zones, Cyrodill, or Coldharbor?

Best Answers

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rift crabs ? Not sure if that region even has crabs, but in general my most reliable sources of medium armor mats have been crabs
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Answer ✓
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fell hide will only drop from animals that are L46-50 and I'm pretty sure that there are none of these outside of Coldharbour, and only the higher areas of CH at that. Fell Hide is about the only medium armour material that is a PITA to collect.

Edit: forgot about Cyrodil - might drop there as well but I don't go there so I can't be definite about it.
    Edited by Elephant42 on July 7, 2015 7:04AM
    Answer ✓
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    I had done this in Shadowfen for regular hide, so why not in the Rift as well? I'll give this a try.

If anyone else has other suggestions please share!
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    Fell hide will only drop from animals that are L46-50 and I'm pretty sure that there are none of these outside of Coldharbour, and only the higher areas of CH at that. Fell Hide is about the only medium armour material that is a PITA to collect.

Edit: forgot about Cyrodil - might drop there as well but I don't go there so I can't be definite about it.

Thanks, looks like I'll have to make it into northern Coldharbor then and deconstruct in order to get the mats I need.

On a side note for anyone who is looking for Fell Hide, there are no mudcrabs in the Rift. I spent 2 hours running along the rivers and lake shores and I didn't see one, not even corpses. I did get Fell Hide off of sabercats, deer, and foxes in the Rift however, but the drop rates in doing this this is infinitesimal and therefore simply a waste of time. So unless you want to farm Fell Hide without leveling (this only applies to the deer and foxes, as sabercats will give xp), be aware it will take a large amount of time in order to get a significant amount.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok thanks @xX_BLUDWULF_Xx .. no crabs in The Rift noted
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend