The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set up our own mini-questline?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like for us to be able to set up our own mini-questline for roleplaying.

Example of what I'm talking about:

In the town of Stormhold, a murder occurs!

You meet a guard (player dressed as one) stopping people getting near the body while he waits for backup.

He tells you (through voice chat) that someone has been killed and that nobody is allowed near the body.

You "persuade" him to let you take a look as you might be able to help.

You take a look at the body (player playing dead) and examine their wounds (They get sent an in-game message with the details).

You get the idea, basically players filling the roles of the NPCs during made up quests.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...this would be a good idea except that NPCs would get in the way. Your guard is blocking everyone but NPCs walk right past. But you could do more subtle things, like retrieving stolen goods from a player thief, obviously you couldn't actually steal, fight or take back the goods but just confront the guy in maybe the starting house (which is always devoid of NPCs) have them swing their swords a few times then have the "thief" play dead. This would be a good idea and something I would do often but none of my friends are into RP like I am.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back in the days of Neverwinternights Online, I was a GM with a number of others sharing the GM roles on a gaming server set up by the local telecom company.

We would occasionally get together and "possess" ingame NPCs (a feature of the game settings) and change the way the NPCs behaved from the scripted short wanderings. We would set small quests, some requiring groups of players to succeed with placing a small boss mob in a nearby normally benign dungeon. We had standard rules about the quality of the gear that could be provided as unique quest rewards.

There is no way Zenimax would permit such coding in ESO ... doubt they would trust it to not be exploited.

I then shifted to Istaria (which still exists but PC only) for a while, again with a strong element of RP in the guild I joined. When World of Warcraft started I actully created for myself a storyline to explain how my character disappeared from Istaria and reappeared in Azeroth.

In WoW early days I was in a strong RP guild that had regular events supporting a complex and long story line completely separate to the WoW set questing. We even had voice modulators in our voice comms to mimic a voice consistent with our characters.

RPG is what the players make of it, even when ESO does not have good means to support it on console.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend