Price check on crafted sets

chaotic4me2
I am curious as to what people on console think crafted sets are worth
If i was to make say a 4 trait set or 5 trait set of vr armor obviously if ancient elf dwemer or daedric it obviouslky more expensive due to material prices of hearts paladium and dwemer stuff but what would you say a fair base price would be
PSN - BIGGFOT9999 PS4 NA Ebonheart Pact
50 smithing 5 -6traits
50 clothing 4-5 traits
50 woodworking
50 provisioning
39 enchanting
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no "set" price for crafted items really. It's going to vary based off your costs and materials. You can't sell a Nirnhoned item for the same Price as a Divines as the trait stone costs aren't comparable. You'll need to base your prices on how much it costs to make/replace your items.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • chaotic4me2
    obviously a nirnhoned item or a daedric or ancient elf is going to cost more then an argonian item with the sturdy trait
    however there has to be a generally accepted reasonable price for items that are considered "common" as opposed to the "rare" ones is what I am getting at

I mean would 4-5k a piece be reasonable for crafting + mats on common items I have heard of some sets going for 200-300k a set on pc from some vet 14's i have spoken to so i was curious what people would think as fair

daedric i wouldnt sell for under 10k a piece minimum just because i can get 7.5-10k for the heart alone
    50 smithing 5 -6traits
    50 clothing 4-5 traits
    50 woodworking
    50 provisioning
    39 enchanting
    Options
  • Dinobot
    Dinobot
    ✭✭
    I usually only charge for resin/temper/tannin. 300g per green (it takes two greens for 100% upgrade chance per item) so a set of 7 would be 4.2g, and 500g per blue (three for 100%) coming to a minimum of 10.5g.

This isn't including Daedric hearts/ Dwemer frames or any other hard to get material.

This has worked well for me so far and most people tell me this is pretty cheap and have even given me more, but that's what I usually sell them for.. Also if they have their own supplies I usually do it for free (supplies meaning the upgrade material) or a small charge.
    Edited by Dinobot on July 7, 2015 3:36PM
    Options
  • chaotic4me2
    that must be pc prices because you cnt find blue tempers for 500 on ps4 NA or if you do it very rare most are 2k plus minimum
    50 smithing 5 -6traits
    50 clothing 4-5 traits
    50 woodworking
    50 provisioning
    39 enchanting
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious as to what people on console think crafted sets are worth

You need to go shopping first. Unless your on PC and have a mod that shows you average prices. So, go shop for the materials you would need, even if you have them. Add up the prices it would take to make a set of gear.

Figure on a 100 stack of Refined Materials to make a complete set.
    Then find out what the tempers sell for and remember if you have all the Temper Passives, it takes 2 Greens, 3 Blues, 4 Purples and 8 Golds for each level of improvement.
    Then the trait gems
    Then the style gems (common ones are cheap, rare ones are not).

Once you know your replacement costs for the materials you would use, then you can figure out the "profit" you want to make. Make sure the profit includes your travel time to and from a Crafted Set Station (some are not easy to get to).

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Dinobot
    Dinobot
    ✭✭
    that must be pc prices because you cnt find blue tempers for 500 on ps4 NA or if you do it very rare most are 2k plus minimum

That is true, it is what I charged on PC. Since I don't really need money, that is what I sell it for. I'll look more into it later and see what I could charge for it.
    Options