Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sanies lupinus has a time line?

MTSHxPreacher
I have a time line and my friend said I could be in danger of losing my werewolf due to not fully completing the werewolf quest. I killed the mammoth and returned and then the quest was done. I'm worried and don't want to lose being a werewolf as I actually got it legit. Any feed back will be appreciated
  • Smuggles
    Smuggles
    You are fine. It did the same thing for me. Once it expires, you will just lose that sanies lupinus tool tip on your character screen. I may be mistaken, but maybe it's a timer so you can't do the quest then immediately bite someone else? Basically making you have to wait 7 days before you can bite someone.
    Edited by Smuggles on July 6, 2015 5:30PM
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    I have a time line and my friend said I could be in danger of losing my werewolf due to not fully completing the werewolf quest. I killed the mammoth and returned and then the quest was done. I'm worried and don't want to lose being a werewolf as I actually got it legit. Any feed back will be appreciated

As far as I know, there is no "time line". I could be wrong, but from what I've read (take it with a grain of salt because its the internet), you keep the infection until you either get cured by the mages guild or become full wolf through the mission.

That being said, the mission is super easy. If you're a low level but good at kiting or hit and running, you might be able to knock it out regardless of being a low level.
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Smuggles wrote: »
    You are fine. It did the same thing for me. Once it expires, you will just lose that sanies lupinus tool tip on your character screen. I may be mistaken, but maybe it's a timer so you can't do the quest then immediately bite someone else? Basically making you have to wait 7 days before you can bite someone.

I don't think that's the case. I got scratched, did the mission, got to level 6, and bit my friend all in the same day.
  • Smuggles
    Smuggles
    Ahh, ok. I didn't bite anyone until around 8 days anyway. Rest assured that you will remain a werewolf after it expires.
    Edited by Smuggles on July 6, 2015 5:39PM
  • ForgottenHeretic
    Chaos0720 is right, the timer for the disease is how long you have to complete the quest before you lose it and need to be bitten again. Once you complete the mission the timer remains till it runs out but you will still be a werewolf, be able to level and bite someone else, nothing to worry about
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once you're diagnosed with the illness you have 7 days to complete the quest line to remain as a were wolf, your friend is correct in that if you don't complete the quest in that time you lose your ability to become a were wolf however if you've completed it , I'm guessing the timer does not stop n disappear but continues to tonits ultimate end regardless

PS ... Bite me ...
  • LordDovakhiin

You're fine, it did the same to me and I searched these forums and youtube til my fingers bled freaking out that I'd lose my Werewolf ability. The timer I think is just a bug, I bit someone the same day I received my bite so you'll be fine. Long as you kill the tribute animal and feed with your pack in The Hunting Grounds and you completed the quest, you got nothing to worry about.