Where do you get different styles?

Wooly1203
Wooly1203
I'm just wondering where you can find different styles to help with crafting. Are they expensive? Who do I go to to buy them?
Thanks!
  • Mertirillon
    You need motif books to craft in different styles. There are blue rarity, purple rarity, and yellow rarity motif books. The blue rarity are the motif books for the main races in the game (nord, dunmer, bosmer, etc) and they are relatively abundant in guild stores for an average of 3000 to 5000 gold. Purple motif are the more sought after books (ancient elf, barbaric, primal, deadric, and dwemer pages) the dwemer pages are around 6000 - 12000 gold in guild shops if they have them, primal, ancient elven, barbaric and deadric are rarely in guild stores but are usually 50000+ gold. The yellow motifs are the imperial and dwemer motif books which is usually 80000+ gold in guild stores.

All the motif books can be found as random loot in crates, backpacks, etc as well but are as rare as their color indicates. Dwemer pages or the Dwemer motif are only found in dwemer ruins.

They cannot be bought from standard npc shopkeeps.

My advice just keep searching everything you come across to find them and only buy them if you really want it immediately or have plenty of gold to spare.

That being said, the above quoted prices are based on my observations in the AD PS4 NA server and may be somewhat different for you but they paint a decent picture of what to expect console side, I hear they are quite a bit cheaper in guild stores on PC.

Options
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you CAN buy them from the Crown store. It's 1500 Crowns for all of the alliance (all playable character races, except Imperial) styles, which is about 15 US dollars.

Apart from that, I guess you can find them out in the wild, which I don't know where to find aside from "random loot" (also didn't know you could get them outside of the Crown store before I made my purchase). If they're sold by players, from my experience with MMOs, the price could be anywhere from decent to absurd.
    Options
  • Wooly1203
    Wooly1203
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm still pretty early in the game and only have about 2000 gold right now, but I'll keep looking and hopefully save up enough to get some of the cool ones!
    Options
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    I find the basic blue motif books from stealing, I've gotten at least 2 stealing in Daggerfall bank (beginning area, but not the starter island for whichever faction). I have found at least one either in a chest or some other item drop (maybe a crate or somesuch.) I wouldn't pay gold, as you can function pretty well with just 1-3 at the beginning. Build up the motif materials while trying to find the others.
    haven't found purple or yellow yet, but I'm still relatively new and only level 21 or 22.
    Options
  • Siniztor
    Siniztor
    ✭✭✭
    from what iver read and experaniced sofar (im vr6) the blue regular ones drop in the 1-50 zones then the purples drop in the vr zones...I got the Ancient Elf wile doing Cadwells gold
    Options
  • Wooly1203
    Wooly1203
    Thanks guys! I found one today on the island above one of the first fighters guild quests, but it was the same style I already have from being a dark elf! I'll keep looking around!
    Options
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I found one today on the island above one of the first fighters guild quests, but it was the same style I already have from being a dark elf! I'll keep looking around!

i just made a discussion in this forum under crafting, that I have a lot of the motifs and can craft your gear or weapons if you need, check out the post.
    Options