The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When does BATTLE SPIRIT occur?

RobbieRocket
RobbieRocket
✭✭✭
Hi, sorry for being inexperienced. I've received this awesome bonus a couple of times - both after long periods of action in which I fought well (often lots of kills defending or supporting a siege). I wondered if someone could break the illusion and be more specific as to when this bonus occurs?
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battle Spirit is a buff awarded automatically (you can turn it off in your settings) to anyone under VR1. It is essentially to bring everyone up to max level (outside of Veteran Ranks) to allow for more even competition. It isn't awarded based on performance, you likely just only noticed at a certain point while looking over your character sheet.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learned that the hard way when I went from level 49 to VR1 in Cyrodiil and my stats were cut in half. :D
    Vehemence
  • LatinLegacy
    LatinLegacy
    ✭✭
    You kind of get punished for hitting VR1 but I already knew that having played the PC version as well. Once you do hit VR1, you can still PvP but will have to be much more cautious. If anything, people should do a lot of the PvE content just to get your ranks up & farm resources so you can start crafting armor sets. Also, make good use of those champion points. By the time you hit VR12, you should have little trouble in Cyrodill. Outside of the VR14's that transferred over to the console versions. Luckily, a majority of them are horrible players in 1 v 1 situations. Even with the stacked CP lol. Probably why they made the jump to console :P.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate that you are all answering the same thing so that appears right however I don't always have a read face in Cyrodiil and I don't always show Battle Spirit and the effects on my character sheet...
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate that you are all answering the same thing so that appears right however I don't always have a read face in Cyrodiil and I don't always show Battle Spirit and the effects on my character sheet...

Oh, no one's saying that the game isn't bugged. If you log into your account and you're already in Cyrodiil, then sometimes Cyrodiil related buffs don't immediately apply. Entering a delve and exiting, or porting to another zone and back will remedy this.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. maybe it's that then. Thanks!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JTorus wrote: »
    Battle Spirit is a buff awarded automatically (you can turn it off in your settings) to anyone under VR1. It is essentially to bring everyone up to max level (outside of Veteran Ranks) to allow for more even competition. It isn't awarded based on performance, you likely just only noticed at a certain point while looking over your character sheet.
    Wrong. Battle Spirit is a buff that every player gets as soon as he enters Cyrodiil. The function you are referring to is "Battle Scaling".

Battle Spirit increases health by something around 5000 and currently reduces healing and damage by a percentage. This percentage will be increased to 50% as announced by Devs on several occasions.
    Edited by Leandor on July 7, 2015 10:32AM