Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level multiple mounts?

NewbieKenobi
NewbieKenobi
✭✭
I got a mount. A horse. If I were to buy a guar and a tiger from the crown store, would I be able to level all three mounts at the same time?
Xbox One | EU | SWE

"- People say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating a f*****g legend."

Join our all swedish cross alliance guild Det Svenska Lejonet, we are always looking for more active swedish players! Join us for Pledges, Dungeons, Trials and more!

Best Answer

• Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I thinking more in the line of buying three mounts and level speed on one, stamina on one and carry capacity on one all at the same time. Or can you only level one thing on one mount at a time?

You don't level mounts anymore. You level the character's riding skill. As such, you can only train one thing at a time per character. It doesn't matter how many horses/mounts you have access to.
    Answer ✓
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The leveling is character based now, not horse based like it used to be. So yes, effectively all mounts are leveled at the same time.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• NewbieKenobi
    NewbieKenobi
    ✭✭
    Well I thinking more in the line of buying three mounts and level speed on one, stamina on one and carry capacity on one all at the same time. Or can you only level one thing on one mount at a time?
    Xbox One | EU | SWE

"- People say you are what you eat, but I don't remember eating a f*****g legend."

Join our all swedish cross alliance guild Det Svenska Lejonet, we are always looking for more active swedish players! Join us for Pledges, Dungeons, Trials and more!

• NewbieKenobi
    NewbieKenobi
    ✭✭
    Xbox One | EU | SWE

• Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »

You don't level mounts anymore. You level the character's riding skill. As such, you can only train one thing at a time per character. It doesn't matter how many horses/mounts you have access to.

So my opinion to you OP would be this: If you intended on purchasing additional mounts with the sole purpose of trying to level the three skills up quicker, then don't purchase the mounts and just purchase the crown riding lessons. You can upgrade a skill by 10 for 1000 crowns, so instead of buying the lion and the guar, you get purchase 20 upgrades.

But like I said, that's assuming that that was your only purpose for buying them.

Also keep in mind, as has been stated, it's the character's riding skill that gets upgraded, not the mount. So whether you purchase in game or through the crown store, those upgrades are specific to that character and does not transfer to any alts you may have.