Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For speed, which mount should I buy? (Or does it matter?)

Rais3dByWolv3s
New player. Just starting. Level 9 Sorcerer. Great game. Love it so far.

One problem: tired of running everywhere.

It feels kind of like cheating, but I'm thinking about just buying a Crown Store mount.

There are several available. However, the store doesn't list their stats.

Are some faster than others?

Is the 2500-Crown "Nightmare Courser" faster or better in some way than the 900-Crown "Palomino Horse?"

Or all the same speed & price difference is just because of aesthetics?

And help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter, now all mounts are just skins. You train your riding skills in stables and they are for any mount you will equip.
  • Rais3dByWolv3s
    Alright, but what's confusing me is this guy seems to be saying different horses have different stats...

http://www.tentonhammer.com/teso/guides/mounts-horses
    At 42,700 gold you can purchase a specialty horse:

Light - Speed
    Gaited - Stamina
    Draft - Carrying Capacity

As they level up, they will have more of the primary stat that is affiliated with them.

Is he mistaken, or is that info outdated?
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The info is outdated. It *used* to be that mounts came with different stats that could be increased per mount, but that has been changed into an overall "riding skill" that affects all mounts equally, and they all start out with the same stats. There are no more "light", "gaited" and "draft" mounts.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on July 6, 2015 9:13AM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Rais3dByWolv3s
    Alright, cool. Thanks a lot for the help!