Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I get to eastern coldharbour?

waterfall
waterfall
Can someone please explain to me the route I have to take to get there? Wherever I go there are mountains or chasms blocking my path. Thanks
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the area you are trying to get to is only accessible by wrapping around the north of the town. You'll have to progress through the main quest to get there.
    Edited by NotSo on July 5, 2015 4:03PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • waterfall
    waterfall
    I have followed the path and it brings me to a delve, I've already rescued the king, do you mean the main solo quest storyline?
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly the quest I mean. It should gather a ton of npc's to head north but they will be quickly stopped by their fear of fighting vampires. Then you just wander east from there.
    Edited by NotSo on July 5, 2015 4:13PM
  • waterfall
    waterfall
    NotSo wrote: »
    That is exactly the quest I mean. It should gather a ton of npc's to head north but they will be quickly stopped by their fear of fighting vampires. Then you just wander east from there.

Ok man thanks, I'm only a level 43 so I haven't done the level 45 main story solo quest, you're saying I need to do that to be able to access the eastern side of cold harbour in order to complete the army of merida quest?
    Edited by waterfall on July 5, 2015 4:15PM
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well that southeast side (directly east of town) should be directly accessible. Unless I'm crazy. It's been a while since I've played. You should be able to walk all over that area.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    waterfall wrote: »

Ok man thanks, I'm only a level 43 so I haven't done the level 45 main story solo quest, you're saying I need to do that to be able to access the eastern side of cold harbour in order to complete the army of merida quest?

First a general remark. Coldharbour is for level 44 and up. If you started there below level 43 you likely have missed a good amount of content in earlier zones. normally its not a big issue cause you catch up cause of the extra xp, but in your case, you are almost out of content. Beating the final main story quest at your level is hard at your level (even at level 45) and there is no other content to do till then so, it might be better to backtrack now and keep the coldharbour content to bridge the final gap to level 49.

Notso didn't mean the level 45 main story quest you do solo but he means the main questline in coldharbour. To be precise the part AFTER army of merida.

I'll use this map for reference:
    http://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=The+Hollow+City&world=Coldharbour

The part that NotSo is talking bout is on this map where it says the lost fleet (and also the wailing maw delve is there).
    That is the part of the map that opens after you complete the army of meridia questline.

To the south east of it is an area called the Cliffs of Faillure. The quest "the endless war" grants access there throughg a portal. the questgiver is near the entrance of the cave of trophies (just north-west of it).

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • waterfall
    waterfall
    Ranique wrote: »
    waterfall wrote: »

First a general remark. Coldharbour is for level 44 and up. If you started there below level 43 you likely have missed a good amount of content in earlier zones. normally its not a big issue cause you catch up cause of the extra xp, but in your case, you are almost out of content. Beating the final main story quest at your level is hard at your level (even at level 45) and there is no other content to do till then so, it might be better to backtrack now and keep the coldharbour content to bridge the final gap to level 49.

Notso didn't mean the level 45 main story quest you do solo but he means the main questline in coldharbour. To be precise the part AFTER army of merida.

I'll use this map for reference:
    http://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=The+Hollow+City&world=Coldharbour

The part that NotSo is talking bout is on this map where it says the lost fleet (and also the wailing maw delve is there).
    That is the part of the map that opens after you complete the army of meridia questline.

To the south east of it is an area called the Cliffs of Faillure. The quest "the endless war" grants access there throughg a portal. the questgiver is near the entrance of the cave of trophies (just north-west of it).

I've done most of the quests I could find in every region, I still have some left to do in the rift but thats it. Cheers for the help I've found it now and rescued Vanus.
  • LegionIsAll
    I'm 46 myself and I can't find him to rescue . I've done lost fleet and completed the wailing maw delve. I have also got to the middle area and vanus is there but no one to talk to and the big gates are locked. Do I need to be 49 to get the quest?
    Edited by LegionIsAll on July 6, 2015 6:02AM
  • waterfall
    waterfall
    Have you gone right out of the hollow city through the exit with the black spike type things? It's kind of halfway down in the hollow city on the right hand side. On the map it looks like a brown wall so hence why I had trouble finding it!