Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I dont get Cyrodil

donkeyfly
donkeyfly
Soul Shriven
Can someone explain to me how it works? I did the tutorial but all I seem to see now is my home like base and loads of places I can travel to which are seemingly mega far away but with no way point to tell me what I'm supposed to be doing. I've got some quests relating to it but still no way point or clue of how to proceed.

So what's the deal for beginners in terms of actually getting involved
  • JankH
    JankH
    Hey, so I'm going to try and explain how cyridiil works as best as I can (seeing as I'm sort of new myself) - So you are stuck on what to do? well to be honest even though it might look confusing on the map its actually very simple. The objective is to take over the enemy castle and resource areas outside them.

If you are wondering where all the big battles are at then look at the castle symbol on the map. If theres an explosion looking thing covering the outside of the castle symbol then that tells you that theres a big battle happening at the location.

I take it you are not passed veteran rank yet? if thats the case then do not think you are useless. you can help with the siege equipment and help your team breach the enemy castle (thats what I did at first)

You mentioned the main base? as in the one you started in? if so then that is where you can do a bunch of things - really, this place is where you get ready before going out into cyridiil. In the home base you can buy potions, siege equipment and armor that you can buy with alliance points.

Really cyridiil is just like a giant game of domination. take as many castles and resource points as you can. One thing to note is that to do both of those you need to be with other people since you will face resistance when trying to take over castles and resourse points.

Oh an I almost forgot! the scroll. I'm not 100% clued up on these but heres what I know:

they can be found in other factions (teams) castles and (I think) if you manage to capture them you get extra points and perks.

I hope I sort of helped you out :)

and I'm sorry for the wall of text aha
    Edited by JankH on July 5, 2015 12:08PM
    PC EU
  • donkeyfly
    donkeyfly
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! Think I understand it a bit better now.

Think the size of the map just put me off exploring those symbols on the map since you can't fast travel out