Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

simple question about guild 'ownership'... any insight or explanation is appreciated...

TheRealOG
TheRealOG
I have a question about guild ownership... What does the ownership represent, mean, establish, etc? How do you claim ownership? When or how does the ownership change, etc. Im in 2 guilds with traders, but they have no ownership. I also am guildmaster of another guild, we unfortunately do not have a trader. Somehow though we have established ownership of an area and i was just wondering what exactly it is.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the home window above where it shows the guild trader? If so, it says "Alliance War Ownership". In Cyrodiil, the PvP zone, when a Keep or a Keep's resource is captured, a player may claim it in the name of their guild.

It allows guilds that play together to capture one to be able to put their name on it. The guards around the Keep will wear the guild's tabard.

Unfortunately any unclaimed location can be claimed by anyone at any time. Folks tend to look down on guilds that claim places they had no part in taking, or players who rush past the fighters of a PvP guild to claim their own guild before the rightful owners can. So the guild member ranks allow you to limit who can claim keeps on the guild's behalf. You may want to restrict this to those you trust to make good decisions in the name of the guild.

I am not a guild leader so I am not aware of any benefits to doing so other than guild pride, especially for PvP guilds that actually take them together as a guild.
  • TheRealOG
    TheRealOG
    Thank you for some explanation. It says we own a mine at a Fort but I just became aware you Guild store also goes public like a guild trader as well. I have not done much PvP but we have 200+ members with a variety of different focuses and at a variety of different levels. I was unaware anything was claimed/owned by our guild or even how to establish ownership, so its good to have a better understanding of this concept.
    Edited by TheRealOG on July 4, 2015 9:06PM