Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Burning Embers VS Lava whip

iTzStevey
iTzStevey
✭✭✭
Hey guys, just wondering what you guys would suggest using between burning embers and lava whip, im currently using burning embers as my spam ability and whilst it is pretty good and low cost I'm wondering you think lava whip would be better?
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lava whip is a much better spam ability
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    lava whip is a much better spam ability

Why is that though? Thanks for the help!
  • MightyMalloy
    MightyMalloy
    ✭✭
    Hands Down, Lava whip!
    1. Life Steal ability is great.
    2. Animations look awesome.
    3. You can Spam it because it's a low cost spell.
    are you looking to join a PlayStation 4 EU guild add my PSN: MightyMalloy and send me a friend request Saying Guild! Undaunted!
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Hands Down, Lava whip!
    1. Life Steal ability is great.
    2. Animations look awesome.
    3. You can Spam it because it's a low cost spell.

Ooooo i didn't know you could lifesteal with lava whip!

Definitely going for it now thankyou for the info! Animation does look awesome, especially when you double whip haha
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    look this skills have different purposes so it's not good idea to compare it.
    Whip is instant spam dps skill and burning embers is more healing DoT then spam ability.
    So the best way is to use them both as they synergyes and give much more DPS when are used both.
    So cast embers every 8 sec and spam whip in between.

in addition DK has lots of DoT synergy abilities. Molten whip buffs fire dmg while slotted, engulfing flames makes DoT that buffs fire dmg while DoT is active. So DK playstyle to put on target lots of DoTs and then finish with smth like whip.

Eg my favotire dungeons DPS "burn-burn-burn" build is double inferno destro:
    AoE
    elemental ring (spam/DoT)
    sea of flames (switch on buff/DoT)
    eruption (long DoT)
    engulfing flames (short DoT)
    deep breath (heal/dmg)
    shooting star (ulti/DoT)
    single
    molten whip (spam)
    sea of flames (switch on buff/DoT)
    burning embers (short DoT/heal)
    strucrured entropy (Buff/DoT/heal)
    elemental susceptibility (once debuff)
    shifting standard (ulti/DoT)
    Edited by Stannum on July 3, 2015 8:27PM
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i know the two skills jave dofferent purposes, but i already have a build using 1h and shield and was wondering if it was a good idea to swap out burning embers for whip. Thanks for the insight though :)