Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing help required.

Redeviledna666
Hey guys,

A quick question about fishing. Now, ive read guides about what bait to use where, but, im having a real issue catching anything! ive sat by a river this evening, and 40 insects later...no fish, just used bait.

So i though, hmm, near a lake? waterfall? nope, so i thought id try guts, then others bits i have..nothing, is it really that hard to fish?

Any help appreciated.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It obviously wasn't river water then, if there's dead things around it could be foul, as well if its near the end of the river it could be considered ocean. If you get used bait switch up the bait and figure out what water type it is by whatever white fish you catch
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pay attention to the first fish you catch. Even if you use the wrong bait, you will always catch one white fish of the type of that fishing hole. Check what it is and adjust your bait.

Ocean: worms, chub.
    Lakes: guts, minnows.
    Rivers: insect parts, shad.
    Foul water: crawlers, fish roe.

Some holes have very unexpected water types. I once found a river spot in what was clearly a lake and as for Cyrodiil, I don't think anyone expected there'd be ocean holes at all.
    Edited by Rosveen on July 3, 2015 8:28PM
  • Redeviledna666
    Thanks for the advice guys, all taken on board, may it bring me a new found liking for fishing!
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    used bait you are using the incorrect bait for that water type,

doctorapocalypse.kinja.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-fishing-in-elder-scrolls-online-1546458958