Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the best armor tier for a battlemage

Martyn987
Martyn987
Soul Shriven
So I've decided to make a battle mage. Either dual wielding, or with two handed. Since it will be a magika based build using heavy armor is kind of not an option. However I don't really wanna go the whole robes route. Any advice?
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well since building for magicka is actually going to weaken your damage output with stamina weapons, you can try building for high stam regen and high magicka pool, then morph dark conversion to regen magicka. High stam regen is good in this case because you can spam melee attacks, dodgeroll, and block pretty well then still have plenty of magicka to sling spells and buff.

Assuming you are a sorcerer...

I'm rocking a two-handed because you can morph cleave to give you a bubble and there is a pretty powerful heal-over-time effect to be had from momentum.
    Edited by NotSo on July 3, 2015 7:35PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Martyn987
    Martyn987
    Soul Shriven
    Most likely sorcerer yes, seems the best route so far. I make the assumption that to build up stamina regeneration, I'm going to have to invest in glyphs early on?
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam regen glyphs only exist for jewelry, you'll do fine just finding those in chests and completing quests. Finding jewelry with those bonuses, I mean.

The rest of your stam regen will be from medium armor, racial passive, werewolf (if you can get it), and armor set bonuses.
    Edited by NotSo on July 3, 2015 7:48PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade