The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why do they do this

HyperiousInfected
why do people feel the need to kill you when your helping other alliances.
I was helping some EP people, I'm DC, doing an anchor, so guess what they do, wait till the last second when I have helped them complete it, and then they kill me... what's the overall point
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was helping some EP people, I'm DC, doing an anchor, so guess what they do, wait till the last second when I have helped them complete it, and then they kill me... what's the overall point

Because people on the internet are jerks.

This was discovered the day after the internet was invented.

Also, if your in PvP, its war. There is no helping out other factions.
    Edited by Kobaal on June 29, 2015 6:57PM
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Swannkyy
    Swannkyy
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you're surprised they killed you lol
    Edited by Swannkyy on June 29, 2015 6:56PM
  • Kloud
    Kloud
    ✭✭✭
    Don't help all I can say red= kill on sight yellow = kill on sight unless your dueling in a consensual environment normally hosted by guilds such as legend/arena or playing with people you know other then that my best advice is not to help but hide and wait for the best moment to strike!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done my fair share of cross faction dolmens and dungeons in Cyrodiil and never had someone "turn" on me like that.

The confusion a 3 faction mob usually causes when we encounter other players is often hilarious ...
    laugh.gif
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War. War never changes.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmens are serious business.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was trying to do a dolmen recently, two blue showed up and i figured I'd be friendly.

They shot me with an arrow, i burned their houses down.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    I was trying to do a dolmen recently, two blue showed up and i figured I'd be friendly.

Fixed it for you:
    nkkrn.jpg
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    OdinForge wrote: »

Fixed it for you:
    nkkrn.jpg

This is perfect.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do you even PvP bro?
    :trollin:
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    War. War never changes.

1213776049988.jpg_595.jpg

I'm sorry I'm sorry what was that about war never changing ?
  • CMG138
    CMG138
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you on this one. Cyrodiil may be a PvP zone, but if players from different factions are participating in PvE, I see no reason to not have some courtesy and let them do their quest, clear a dungeon, or take out a dolmen. If I see some one from another faction fighting a boss, or doing a dolmen I haven't done yet, I'll help them, then put away my weapons and let them make the first move. More times than not they're not interested in fighting. Of course, it is war, and there are no rules, so do what you'd like. No need to always be a *** though.
    Red or dead!
  • HyperiousInfected
    so true @CMG138 I don't really know what was happening with all of the photos, I kinda lost what was happening
    Edited by HyperiousInfected on July 1, 2015 10:18PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LoL I have been whispered a couple of time at Dolmens because I have killed some guy from another faction there. Sorry if he has a blueberry or a banana over his /her head he must die.It's not about being a jerk I have no time to determine you being the good or the bad guy. if you are not in my faction you must die.

At cyro dolmens if you approach i will attack immediately supposing that you just messed up your sneak instead of waiting until I close the last pinion to gank me.

And in the end AP is AP.
    Edited by PBpsy on July 1, 2015 10:34PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • CMG138
    CMG138
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    LoL I have been whispered a couple of time at Dolmens because I have killed some guy from another faction there. Sorry if he has a blueberry or a banana over his /her head he must die.It's not about being a jerk I have no time to determine you being the good or the bad guy. if you are not in my faction you must die.

At cyro dolmens if you approach i will attack immediately supposing that you just messed up your sneak instead of waiting until I close the last pinion to gank me.

And in the end AP is AP.

This guy does not speak for all of EP.
    Red or dead!
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CMG138 wrote: »

And in the end AP is AP.

^

The bad apple doesn't speak for us all I gladly do dolems with any one as long as I have a chance of getting the last freaking general I need for the daedra general slayer achievement.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the enemy wants PvP I'll gladly provide some. If not, he should have stayed out of Cyrodiil.
    I'll not always attack but there are many possible reasons for that, so even if I don't attack immediately or didn't attack at the last encounter, there's no reason to feel safe.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    next time just make a few strikes on dolmen elites and wait in hiding until another factions are gone and then grab chest
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude. You are their enemy. Your not just a friendly face with a blue shirt on. You should have been expecting it. Better yet do it to them before they do it to you...shrug.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CMG138 wrote: »

And in the end AP is AP.

^

The bad apple doesn't speak for us all I gladly do dolems with any one as long as I have a chance of getting the last freaking general I need for the daedra general slayer achievement.
    LOL. "The Bad Apple". I have been ganked plenty of times while farming Cyro dolmens exactly as I was getting my chest. Sorry Cyro is PVP and it will remain that way.

Also Cyro Dolmens are not exactly the best way to get that achievement.
    Edited by PBpsy on July 2, 2015 8:16AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Better to get the element of surprise rather than turn your back and get stabbed in it.
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Never really had that problem myself. There was a Ep player that was weary of me but I waved to them did the anchor grabbed the loot then took off and let them grab there's. Coulda easily slaughtered them as I was emperor at the time but figured I would show some mutual respect. That being said tho what you do is you get 1 hit in on the anchor mobs then hide and collect the loot when everyone leaves. You still get your full share lol. I feel sorry for the people that are doing quests in the middle of nowhere bout to complete it when we decide to ruin their day lol.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note ATM every alliance has a buff campaign which I know ZOS are working on fixing so if you want to quest in pvp go to that campaign as a guest. Quest carry over. I won't post what campaigns everyone controls as it's cheating to an extent
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    Never really had that problem myself. There was a Ep player that was weary of me but I waved to them did the anchor grabbed the loot then took off and let them grab there's. Coulda easily slaughtered them as I was emperor at the time but figured I would show some mutual respect. That being said tho what you do is you get 1 hit in on the anchor mobs then hide and collect the loot when everyone leaves. You still get your full share lol. I feel sorry for the people that are doing quests in the middle of nowhere bout to complete it when we decide to ruin their day lol.

but stay very nearby, unless you dont get a chest
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For one I think there is an achievement for killing an enemy player doing something at a anchor, and second why would you help your enemy do any thing, they used you man, never help an enemy just help them to the respawn point.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭

WHAT!? They were hostile and still they have killed you?
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    For one I think there is an achievement for killing an enemy player doing something at a anchor, and second why would you help your enemy do any thing, they used you man, never help an enemy just help them to the respawn point.

Na no achievement there is one for killing the emperor tho.
  • HyperiousInfected
    don't I know you from somewhere @AJ_1988 lol, my former emperor and guild co-owner
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the players. Back when I was EP I was questing in Cropsford, I saw an AD doing the same, whispered them, and we agreed to not attack each other. We finished all the dailies without incident.

Then a DC came in out of nowhere and killed me as I was leaving. So... yeah, it depends on the player.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    don't I know you from somewhere @AJ_1988 lol, my former emperor and guild co-owner

Lol