Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Solved] Do I have the chance to experience other alliances' quests?

freddiebox
freddiebox
✭✭
Hi,

I was quite confused when I first created my character and forgot altogether choosing the right alliance to what I wanted to play as. I didn't realize this until I reached level 13. Currently I'm with the Aldmeri Dominion, and I'm quite satisfied with my character and the progression. However, the question I now ask is can I engage in other alliances' quests at some point later in the game, or do I have to start over completely with a new character? Obviously I don't wish to just abandon my current character as it took some dedication to get where he is now. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I love exploring and if I could I would just take a break from the Dominion and just head straight to the Skyrim regions just to look around. Is this also possible? I'm aware that I run the risk of running into random high level enemies, but I'm willing to take that risk. Is this possible to have free roam?

Thank you.
Edited by freddiebox on July 1, 2015 9:18PM

Best Answer

• Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    After you finish main - you will do cadwell silver (which are the quests of the second alliance) and Cadwell gold (third alliance).

You will not be playing with other chars of those alliances. You will play in a parrallel universe with your fellow AD players, albeit veteran ranked.
    Answer ✓
  • Kahnvik
    Kahnvik
    Sorry if this sounds lie a stupid question, but, if I am AD does that mean I wont get to the other 2 domains to run their maps, say for the achievements of exploration? Will I need to play all 3 domains seperatly to hit the exploration trophies on PS4?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahnvik wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds lie a stupid question, but, if I am AD does that mean I wont get to the other 2 domains to run their maps, say for the achievements of exploration? Will I need to play all 3 domains seperatly to hit the exploration trophies on PS4?

You can explore everything on one character. As an AD character, you will explore Aldmeri Dominion, then Ebonheart Pact, then Daggerfall Covenant. Each faction explores the zones in a different order, so you will never run into an EP or DC player, but you will still explore their zones.
  • freddiebox
    freddiebox
    ✭✭
    Interesting, I'm glad I don't have to start over in order to experience it all at some point. I probably will though to try different races and classes. Thanks for the help!
  • Kahnvik
    Kahnvik
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Kahnvik wrote: »

You can explore everything on one character. As an AD character, you will explore Aldmeri Dominion, then Ebonheart Pact, then Daggerfall Covenant. Each faction explores the zones in a different order, so you will never run into an EP or DC player, but you will still explore their zones.

Thank you! That answered the only worry I had about getting into all the zones